Home | About | Donate

The Public, the Personal, and the Utter Hypocrisy of the GOP

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/10/19/public-personal-and-utter-hypocrisy-gop

3 Likes

What Reich will never discuss: the fact that Congressional Democrats have handed President Deathcount the biggest military budgets in world history, year after year.

The fact that Congressional Democrats impeached Boss Tweet on the flimsiest charge, ignoring his genuine, daily crimes against the Amerikan People, and against US victims abroad.

The fact that Trump is merely the ugliest, and most-honest face of Amerikan Empire and capitalism run amok, and that the reelection of another war criminal (D) will only put the “resistance” back to sleep.

There’s some utter hypocrisy for 'ya.

10 Likes

As a wholly secular person (sounds goofy when read aloud), I am beyond my wits end at the continuing imposition of religious beliefs into the public lifeblood of this nation. The founders clearly wanted both freed of religion for individuals and freedom from religion for the public forum, having knowledge of the tragedies that befell Europe over religious squabbles. The use of religion as the tip of the fascist spear only demeans it to those who try to earnestly follow its precepts. The power hungry, cynical, hypocritical, evil-angels must be cast out of public life. They have stepped into the political arena and should be taxed into bankruptcy for breach of contract accordingly.

7 Likes

The first step is to eliminate property tax exemptions and other tax exemptions that organized religions enjoy.

The second step is to deem Christian extremists as domestic terrorists the way Islamic extremists have been deemed domestic terrorists.

5 Likes

I’ll take that a step further, Jayce, and maintain, as I have for some time now, that the Democratic establishment has made a President Trump possible, not once, but most likely twice, with their disgustingly disappointing candidates in 2016 and 2020.

6 Likes

Whole heartedly agree with both of your proposals, hard, clear thinking on both premises. Thanks much!!

1 Like