Home | About | Donate

The "Quid" Is a Crime: No Need to Prove "Pro Quo" in Ukrainegate

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/09/24/quid-crime-no-need-prove-pro-quo-ukrainegate

If you’re looking for the real Ukraine scandal beyond bipartisan corruption, it’s bipartisan backing for this.

3 Likes

Strong article. Extremely pleased to see the Common Dreams Vice President of Policy & Litigation – an experienced expert in ethics and election law – weighing in. Sad that he’s correct about Trump having been emboldened by getting away with so much already. Damn, he’s slippery…damn, our laws suck…damn, the Democrats are feeble.

The tastiest icing on this cake would be Rudy being perp-walked. Make mine German Chocolate, yo!

4 Likes

Today, a determination has finally been made, that there is, a there, there.

2 Likes

Common Cause, not Common Dreams.

3 Likes

Oh my Unmentionables:
So America’s own military is involved in this too. WHY are these people that approve this activity and who are in the military----WHY are they still in the military?

1 Like

The real neo-nazis are the red-brown Duginist alliances who love Putin.

USAns really need to get over this notion that the US constitution gave us some kind of exceptional uncorruptible form of governance. It is as corruptible as any other governance by nation-states has been. The solution? No more states!

1 Like

Ryan sez:
“Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani seems to be on the hook for violations, too.”

Wait — Giuliani is Chump’s “personal attorney” too? I thought that was the job of William “Low” Barr.

1 Like

Dugin is more of a Nazi than Azov? No. They’re both Nazis and you’re spinning.

This American Nazi coddling has been going on for decades, since the end of WWII.

2 Likes

Hi Unmentionables:
sigh—ah yes, I remember reading somewhere where a lot of the Nazi scientists were brought tp America to work on other projects—: (

1 Like

Yes indeed. Not only scientists. There was a whole “ratline” of Nazis who were exfiltrated by the Americans after WWII and during the Cold War. The long history of American political collaboration with the Nazis, often working through right wing Ukrainians and American far right racists here, has been told by Russ Bellant in his superb book “Old Nazis, New Right and the Republican Party.” Many of the figures he fingered years ago are still active in this whole Ukraine new ratline. I will be amazed if this history becomes part of the current Ukraine craze.