Home | About | Donate

The Real Cancel Culture: Trump Rallies Sicken 30,000, Kill 700, and Trump Train Prevents Biden Gathering in Texas

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/11/01/real-cancel-culture-trump-rallies-sicken-30000-kill-700-and-trump-train-prevents

5 Likes

the “trump train” is filled with violent, vicious, fucking imbecile nazis, just like their FEARFULL leader. They all should have been drowned at birth.

5 Likes

So, what happened with the criminals who tried to drive the Biden staffer off the road or even murder them?

According to CBS Austin: “Armed Trump trolls harassing Biden Bus on I-35, ramming volunteer vehicles & blocking traffic for 40 mins.” (quoting house Rep Rafael Anchia.)

Any penalties for blocking traffic, reckless endangerment, attempted murder, terrorism?

From the lowliest MAGAt scum all the way up to Barr and Trump. it seems the Dem response is to say it’s horrible, but then not press charges–which might be greater encouragement than Trump’s direct incitement. I’m still trying to find out what happened.

The KXAN website suggests cops didn’t really care, or went so far as to blame the Biden staffer. I didn’t view the video, since videos tend to crash my computer.

6 Likes

Many Southern US cops including in Dallas are descended from the animals that beat and tortured civil rights activists a half century ago.

Recall that it was US police departments that held all the cards when the Congress and the Dubya regime were failing to renew the assault weapons ban nearly two decades ago.

Had US police unions all gone on strike until the ban was renewed, it would have been the shortest strike in history because Congress would have renewed it in a New York minute. Yes, I am aware that most police union contracts prohibit striking, however, with a strike of such short duration would have barely been noticed by anybody outside the Beltway.

Although not all US police departments operate in third world fashion, way too many do.

6 Likes

We have the two worst presidential candidates in modern times coupled with the worst division between the voters in modern times. Regardless of which corrupt corporate candidate wins the election, the oligarchy has already won. They continue to divide and conquer the people with overwhelming success. The irony escapes everyone.

6 Likes

Trump’s grandfather immigrated from Prussia, an authoritarian state. He ruled his family in the same way. I suspect if some brave psychologist or sociologist sat down and interviewed the Trump Train, MAGA rally attendees, they would discover at least 80% of them were raised in such families and cultures.
Trump is the Manchurian candidate, finally giving permission for his base to let it all out. To act just like their granddaddies did in private but out in public.
The US has always had a strong authoritarian streak, from planter slaveowners to rich factory owners, not to mention a very authoritarian religious population. We’ll see how it all shakes out on the 3rd and following days.

5 Likes

I want to know where the Secret Service was? Most party candidates for the Presidency receive coverage after they win the primary, why hasn’t this been done in 2020??

3 Likes

Neither Biden or Harris were on the bus, just people going to a Biden rally.

1 Like

You have a low opinion of animals to compare them to the behavior of these Southern US cops. I’m just pointing out your attempt to devalue animals with that speciesist slur.

When it comes to weather, climate change and the COVID-19 pandemic, you rely on science for the facts. But when it comes to the dignity and nature of our fellow animals you dismiss or ignore the scientific studies on animal awareness, intelligence, beliefs, emotions, empathy, social bonding, behavior, languages, morality, culture, etc.

Humans are the most violent and destructive animal in all of recorded history…. The oddity is that nonhuman animals are presented in that same way. They are defamed because they kill other animals, and that they do so for survival—not profit, gluttony, entertainment, research, and plain old cruelty—is routinely ignored. Yes, nature is “red in tooth and claw,” but I refuse the idea that it is populated my masochistic animals who like being tortured for human fulfillment, which is what our culture, propped up by religion, would have us think. I also reject the idea that every day in the wild is a bloody massacre…. All animals don’t die every day on battlefield Earth…. animals play games with each other, they bathe in the sun, they preen, they have intercourse, they investigate; mothers tend to and teach heir young…. And when/if they do die at another animal’s teeth and claws, they at least spend their lives free from the myriad prisons humans have created for them. – from “Animal Liberation and Atheism: Dismantling the Procrustean Bed,” by Kim Socha

Being both more systematically brutal than chimps and more empathic than bonobos, we are by far the most bipolar ape. Our societies are never completely peaceful, never completely competitive, never ruled by sheer selfishness, and never perfectly moral. — Frans de Waal

“Animals don’t behave like men,’ he said. ‘If they have to fight, they fight; and if they have to kill they kill. But they don’t sit down and set their wits to work to devise ways of spoiling other creatures’ lives and hurting them. They have dignity and animality.” ― Richard Adams, “Watership Down”

Members of the only extant species–Homo presumptuous–distinguished by a highly developed narcissism, the capacity to routine institutionalized cruelty, and the ability to communicate endless self-justification by means of organized religion and to record prejudices as if they were fact within a variety of speciesist, racist, sexist, and otherwise oppressive systems.

I finally realized why the “progressive” and “intersectionalist” and religious communities devalue other-than-human animal life, trivializing animal suffering, marginalizing animal-rights arguments, and demonizing or mocking animal activism. It’s not because human beings are, in fact, superior to other animals, however much they wish to exalt themselves. It’s just that unquestioned beliefs in human exceptionalism are the rules they obey. Nevertheless, they must often find themselves at a loss continually defining and redefining what it is that separates humans from the “sub-human beasts,” trying desperately to accurately pinpoint what makes us “human.” It must be frustrating searching for that symbolic TCAS (a metaphor for separation) in the sky.

The concept of speciesism and the species divide has been so convenient. It puts other-than-human animals on one side and human animals (“people”) on the other. That takes care of our abuse of all other animals, and it solves the problem of people with unequal talents or those with brain damage that don’t live up to the criteria of our superiority.

2 Likes

Health effects tracking by Stanford economist??
Televised interviews always tell us how far away the MAGA person traveled.
So, local county covid19 infection rate is not an equality to attending el-trumpo reality performance.

c’mon, where is the cell phone tracking leaving the trump event.
That will back up the attendees coming in from all over and then going home.
Now, you do have some real data to evaluate.

3 Likes

Before his niece, Mary sounded the alarm in her book; Rosie O’Donnell tried to warn us about this guy, a long time ago. But, we didn’t listen.

4 Likes

I think a good number of people down in the USA knew what Trump was really about.

He was considered such a bad candidate that in 2016 the DNC and Hilary Campaign were hoping Trump would prevail so that Hilary could beat him in a cakewalk.

What they failed to anticipate was how much Hilary herself was disliked and just how many Americans in fact EMBRACED the “values” that Trump the Fascist embraced. In such a scenario a warning would have done nothing.

The challenge people in the USA face in the future and specifically the progressives and people on the left is how do you get your message to those on the right that zealously support Trump and can that cancerous right ever be excised? Many in this group are not far off from the people that used to lynch black peoples from trees. They have fully embraced hate.

4 Likes

That was not stated in either of the initial reports I read, but that would explain why there was no Secret Service protection. Thank-you for correcting my misperception.

Many people do understand. Not enough, but many. Most here know. Progressives know. Yes, the train will continue its march. Picking up speed, going faster and faster until the planet drops…

That is why it is called a horse race. No one is allowed to have a horse in the presidential race unless that horse is owned by the economic, elite.

Plus theirs is the only race where you can bet on both horses and always win.

That rerminds me of my deceased, very wealthy uncle who was a Republican, but always hedged his bets by donating to the Democrat if he thought he would win.