Home | About | Donate

The Real Reason for Turkey's Shoot-Down of the Russian Jet

The Real Reason for Turkey's Shoot-Down of the Russian Jet

Gareth Porter

The United States and its NATO allies offered a ritual of NATO unity after Turkish officials presented their case that the shoot-down of a Russian jet occurred after two planes had penetrated Turkish airspace.

The Turkish representive reportedly played a recording of a series warning the Turkish F16 pilots had issued to the Russian jets without a Russian response, and US and other NATO member states endorsed Turkey’s right to defend its airspace.

" The intervention by the Russian Air Force in the battle has given a new advantage to the Syrian army."

When Putin said he was going after the terrorists in Syria, since Russia was asked by the Syrian government to intervene in Syria, he put Obama and NATO in check because Putin knew full well that the so-called terrorists in Syria were US and NATO proxies to remove Assad from power. And the fact that Turkey shot down the Russia jet ( with US and NATO permission ) on the most frivolous, bogus and asinine excuses of cold blooded murder tells you they are getting desperate and so desperate! That the insouciant, insane, military crazies are willing to play Russian roulette and risk a world war with Russia!

I'm so happy that Obama has finally pointed out the right for countries to defend their airspace. I guess that means we will never see U.S. military airplanes or drones used in Syria, Iraq, Libya, Yemen, Somalia, Afghanistan, etc. ever again. Thank you Obama for pointing how wrong the U.S. was for supporting the idea of foreign troops in another country. Just one question... when we close all of our foreign military bases and ship all of our military hardware back home, will we throw a big party? I'm up for it!

usa gov't and media are the treasonous, lying enemies of we the people, law, truth, and morality. they must be prosecuted for murder, torture and treason.

I'm guessing MSM aren't going to be jumping on Porter's very sensible explanation.

I just hope NATO stays out of the Turkey-Russia conflict when it escalates.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Unfortunately, such a party will be snuffed out by an even more armored domestic militarized police.

Flipping through the channels Sunday morning I saw the Wicked Witch of the West, Dianne Feinstein (sp?) at least telling the truth: "Assad must go!!" Somebody forgot to give her the daily script about Islamic extremism.

Will ISIS, ISIL, Daesh, Al Nusra be eligible for GI benefits? Stay tuned gentle reader, in the land of the US of scAmerica anything is possible. All you have to do is "think outside the box," ignore you common sense and your lying eyes, and voila, up is down ,black is white, and eternal war is the surest way to eternal peace. The most effective lies always contain at least a grain of truth.