Home | About | Donate

The Right Vision for Remaking Our Economy Does Not Include Tax Cuts for the Rich

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/05/14/right-vision-remaking-our-economy-does-not-include-tax-cuts-rich

Can you imagine what would happen if the Democrats refused to fund the red states because they were corrupt and poorly governed? The Republicans would squeal like piggies.

4 Likes

The investor, shareholder, landowner class driven by the Wall Street gurus behind the banner of Ronald Reagan’s 80’s adage that “the nine most terrifying words “I’m from the government, and I’m here to help” and their mantra of deregulate, cut taxes, and privatize, have now gone, with their beggar cups in hand, to that government two times in the last 10 years to be saved from their own failures at the working class expense. This economic disaster is not entirely the fault of the virus, the virus was just the tipping point, it was past and present economic polices that are the fault. The virus and decisions on how to handle it have only made the crash worse. This pandemic has revealed us to ourselves and the entire world and for me the answer is not to return to the same. Regarding opening up, Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe Chairman Harold Frazier, stated the reality of the pandemic issue best by saying; “ the virus does not travel, it’s the people with virus that travel. So, we know that that’s the only way that that virus will get into our homes.”

We need change.

2 Likes

This was Raygun’s wet-dream - if he could remember it! This is also an emotionally stunted Grover Norquist’s wet dream - government so small it can be drowned in a bath-tub! Not only do taxes need to be raised on the rich and corrupt, not only a wealth tax on the top one-tenth of the barbarians, but the Military-Industrial-Complex needs to be reduced as well. Let those “capitalist” war industries hawk their wares elsewhere or actually produce non war making machines - translation: help grow the green economy that WE and our environment need to move US forward!!

1 Like