Home | About | Donate

The Senate Corporate Bailout Package Is a 'Robbery in Progress,' Warn Critics

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/03/25/senate-corporate-bailout-package-robbery-progress-warn-critics

4 Likes

I will ask again: WHY THE FUCK DO WE TOLERATE THIS SHIT?!

26 Likes

Another Smash & Grab by the 1%

22 Likes

Because the solutions cannot be ‘spoken’ in forums like this.

17 Likes

Brings this tune to mind for some reason:

~https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otkUt39ZF98

Fear I guess .
Those that wrote the Declaration of Independence pledged their sacred honour and offered their lives , "give me liberty or death was the cry " …with this no government can stand .No government I repeat.
We the people have all the power we just don’t want it YET !
But at some point fear will subside and the expression of freedom will inspire the need to be free…not a slave to the economic system.

8 Likes

Just like the Patriot Act and the 2008 Wall Street giveaway were rammed down our throats with us not even knowing what the details were, so this latest corporate theft will be.
Unless we have Bernie as president, we’ll never get this country back.
In Swiss canons (provinces), citizens have the right to review, comment on and vote on expenditure and government services plans.
The citizens control the plans, not the politicians and bureaucrats.
In the United States of Kakistocracy, the citizens get screwed. No, a better way of saying it is: the citizens get raped.

18 Likes

" Suppose you were an idiot.  And suppose you were a member of Congress.  But I repeat myself."
— Mark Twain.

With the 'Poop-Lickens in control of the Senate, our only hope is that P’Loser and the Dims in the House will prevent the worst of it from getting through in the final bill.  Of course we’ll get screwed
just like O’Bummer & P’Loser allowed us to get screwed in the '08 and '09 bailouts, but it won’t be
QUITE as bad as it would if the 'Poop-Lickens still controlled the House.

5 Likes

I hear you, Phred! BELIEVE ME…

3 Likes

It’s a free forum !

1 Like

Several things most people have learned during their time in self-isolation is

1. What is important and what is not.
  2. What is essential and what is not.
  3. What is needed vs. what is wanted.

Everyone needs to make choices about these 3 items and re-prioritize what their values are, and drop the rest.

If corporations and other organizations are so fragile that a few weeks to a couple of months of a severe down-turn can ruin them unless they get billions of dollars of bailout cash, then I say the priorities and values which created them in the first place were wrong-headed.

Take the airline industry. A huge contributor to global warming, and an industry built on convenience, not necessity. I say let it shrink and then nationalize the rest of it. Start building high-speed rail not bailing out a dinosaur industry.

Take the fractional lending system. People should re-value their lives away from debt and not create industries underpinned by the corrupt and usurious practices of the American banks’ fractional lending system, which creates money out of thin air (interest) based on money which does not even exist. THIS MUST STOP if people are to live a life of freedom.

Unfortunately, most of the money which ends up in the hands of those who really need more than they’ll get will go straight back to the banks in the form of loan payments or credit card debt pay downs.

Americans have now a unique opportunity to reset their perspectives on what is important in life. Is it the new gewgaw from Apple (no) paid for by financing? Come on people, $1000+ for a fekking phone?!

There’s not much beyond voting to stop this robbery in progress except work to get off the wheel of consumption/debt and focus on the here and now, where your truest happiness exists.

17 Likes

Somebody here a year ago wrote about what a Punchable Face Mnuchin has , that’s what I think about every time I see his Mug.

9 Likes

If O’Bummer and P’Loser had done their jobs in 2009, then Mnuchin and his fellow Banksters – along
with Haspel & Prince and their fellow War Criminals – would all be in prison instead of “serving” in the present “administration”.  Disgust with this failure and a belief that The Red Queen would simply mean more of the same was a major factor in the 2016 election that led to the current reign of incompetence and open corruption.

9 Likes

What’s the use of a free forum if you don’t have freedom to use it?

18 U.S. Code § 2385. Advocating overthrow of Government Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein . . . Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

^https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2385

9 Likes

Don’t forget Kamala’s grifting for campaign funding.

3 Likes

Phred the solutions can’t be spoken of except in small private groups where everyone knows one another lest the same thing happen that happened in the anti-Vietnam War protest days where F.B.I. infiltrators snuck in and “monitored” meetings and stopped any organized activities against the kakistocracy.

6 Likes

You mean the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants?

2 Likes

tree of liberty refreshed etc etc from time to time etc etc etc.

most people know what needs to be done. but it’s terrifying. it should be.

3 Likes

I’m seeing an inundation of calls, on social media, to fall in line, give uncritical support to Pelosi and Schumer, and back the corporate bailout. A taste of the Vote for Dementia Joe or you’re a Putin Troll crap that we will be seeing more of as November’s election nears.

10 Likes

It is a fucking outrage !!! 4.3 trillion for the robber barons and 2 trillion for the peasants. Means tested $1,200 payment that could be received ??? Expanded unemployment when that system is completely overwhelmed with new applications. All of these bastards need to be hanged in public. I can only hope Rand Paul infected all of these goons and they all drop dead before the first penny goes out the door. Keep in mind this is all on top of the 9 Trillion the Fed has given to wall street primary dealers since Sept. of last year. Bernie 2020 !!!

3 Likes