Home | About | Donate

The 'Shameful' Answer to #WheresMitch? Not Ending Shutdown, But Voting on Extremist Anti-Choice Bill

The 'Shameful' Answer to #WheresMitch? Not Ending Shutdown, But Voting on Extremist Anti-Choice Bill

Julia Conley, staff writer

Freshman members of Congress and others who have been demanding to know the whereabouts of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell in recent days got their answer on Thursday, as McConnell held a Senate vote not on whether to reopen the government, but on a bill that would restrict abortion rights for low-income women.

1 Like

Once again brandrepuck has proven that they care about children in the womb but not after the child enters the world of the living.

Control of women by claiming power over their uterus. bastards

13 Likes

Is the empire running out of cannon fodder?

6 Likes

it’s exactly what you should expect from the GOP. For them, everything’s about keeping their base off their backs, and this is one of the two policy areas where the trogs will happily suffer if they can save all those fully grown babies in their 6th week.

wouldn’t it be nice if Democrats had that effect on their politicians? maybe liberals would have a policy victory or two in the last few decades.

4 Likes

Wait a minute=this is already part of the Hyde Amendment. Mary, try not to be distracted- the main issue is that our national security is in jeapardy- our government is closed! Our coast guard is not getting paid, but members of congress and their aides are!!!

2 Likes

If a sufficiently diminutive rubber band could be found, Mitch’s testes could be bound until they become necrotic and drop off much like those of livestock on a ranch. Yet I know what you are thinking and will preempt your intercession, as turtles don’t have balls, per se. Perhaps duct tape around the carapace and plastron would be sufficient in achieving the desired result.

5 Likes

Brandepuck?

The main issue is that our national security is at stake- congress is getting paid along with their aides but homeland security including the Coast Guard is not!!!

I guess these pieces of crap care more about rights of the unborn more than our national security? This country is bat sh-t crazy distract these pieces of sh-t and reopen the government and pay the people!

Wow, Mr. Mitch . Turtle neck is hiding—maybe we should have people with extra money send him that red and white shirt like the character , “WHERE’s WALDO,” That might be wicked funny, plus make him easier to find! . On the other hand re: the abortion issue, maybe people can get some small targets made, the stick -on kind and accidentally brush against the turtle and stick that target in an appropriate place. Wicked fun again! : )

1 Like

That’s rich. Mitch won’t pass a bill that the President won’t sign, but he has no problem passing a bill that won’t make it through the house. Wonder who he’s pandering to?

9 Likes

They’re playing with our national security! Our airports, our ports, the Coast Guard, USDA, IRS, etc.

National security is for nations, (and seems at the moment to have zero regard for individual security), but I can’t identify which nation this is. I do know that it bears no resemblance to the one i was born in, or to the one i read about in school. Whatever nation it is that we are so supposed to be so deeply concerned with securing, it sort of seems less important to me than finding one where i can live in freedom and with a certain amount of human dignity. Anyone know of such a place, anywhere?

6 Likes

Yeah, a number of us feel the way you do. I certainly do not recognize this clown show calling itself a nation- the one my late father and millions of others fought for in WW2. Exactly, there is no regard for individual or national security.

2 Likes

What a laughingstock we have become but a dangerous one at that. Our congress and the rest of the leaders are paying themselves, but not the people in charge of security including part of the armed forces! All for unborn babies. No one would believe this. Well, this is just in time for the women’s march- not only for women but for the planet- for civil rights! Right on! We’ll be marching!

2 Likes

Friend of the Fetus

(Carol Rose Livingstone)

1. I am no friend of the fathers and mothers
    I am no friend of the sisters and brothers
    I am no friend to the weak and distressed
    I am no friend to the poor and oppressed.

Chorus
But I am a friend of the fetus,
A friend of incomparable worth
I am a friend of the fetus,
Right up to the moment of birth.

1. Once it’s a baby I will not go near it,
    I will not feed it and I will not rear it.
    When it is crying I won’t even hear it
    For I have no room in my heart for a human.

2. I will not weep for it, I won’t lose sleep for it,
    I will not care for it, I won’t be there for it,
    I’ll walk away from it, I won’t go grey for it
    I will not pray for it and I won’t pay for it.

8 Likes

Love this. But let’s not get distracted- our government is closed and these wackos are subjecting us to danger and insecurity. McConnell just called people who are not getting paid “babies.” Did you hear that?

1 Like

Now, remember boys and girls, this asshole can push for one policy after another that destroys lives and kills people here and abroad, he will not do much of anything to help get the government going again, he doesn’t give a damn about the workers being harmed, or those being harmed by them not doing needed services, but it is horrific if you interrupt his dinner and yell at him. Have some decency people!

8 Likes

With the government shut down, there should be no voting on anything other than resuming business. Why do we allow children to run the institution?

6 Likes

OK: How about a NO Taxpayer Funding For Endless War Act? A No Taxpayer Funding For Mc Connell’s Salary For Shutdown of Government Act? No Taxpayer Funding Of Incompetent Presidents Act?

4 Likes