Home | About | Donate

The Shameful Exploitation of Martin Luther King Jr.

The Shameful Exploitation of Martin Luther King Jr.

Wim Laven

At 12:17 p.m. on April 4th Congressman Barry Loudermilk posted, “‘Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.’ – Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.” to his Facebook wall.

50 years (and 3 days) ago we lost Martin Luther King Jr. In 2 months it will be the anniversary of the death of Robert Kennedy. Hear William Pepper talk about both of these cases here:

If the people that murdered MLK, in my view, were held accountable and incarcerated, Trump would never have been selected POTUS. Because Trump being a war criminal and a sociopath, is no different than the fascist, criminals that assassinated Dr. King Jr. What a shameful,hypocritical statement by Trump!

The Orange Ogre is the epitome of Shame.

Long after he is dead and burning in Hell, to utter his name out loud, will be shameful.

Then there’s the “liberal” reduction of King’s message to “a day of service” … like Barack & family spending a few hours working in a kitchen at a homeless shelter.

King was not about “service” except perhaps in the highest sense of that word. His was a radical vision, a vision of a culture and an economy based on democratic and (dare I say it?) real Christian values.

No Breaking The Silence. No call for cease-fire in our war of terror for subsidizing the profiteering on pumping oil and gas to China and India.

Thus: Wim Laven–another hypocritical shill exploiting the legacy of Martin King.

Repent: Break The Silence.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I did not think oil and gas to China and India fit this piece. I do feel I have been pretty consistent in calling out U.S. profiteers and the illegitimate use of violence for over a decade though.
But, I am a hypocrite, but still thank you for taking a moment to read my piece.

me? i don’t think values belong to one religion or another. but i feel sure you know that.