Home | About | Donate

The Sheer Weirdness of an Illegal Inaugural

The Sheer Weirdness of an Illegal Inaugural

Ciara Torres-Spelliscy

I’ve been working on campaign finance issues for fourteen years. I’ve never seen an illegal inaugural. Until now, potentially.

During an election, a U.S. citizen can give $2,800 to a candidate running for president. But once that candidate wins, a U.S. citizen can give an unlimited amount to an inaugural committee.

0 Likes

Everything Trumpco does is corrupt. If it’s not corrupt, he and his instinctively look for ways to make it corrupt. Criminal gangsters.

1 Like

" Then there is the CITGO donation of half a million dollars, which raises another potential foreign donor issue. CITGO is owned by Venezuela"

If Venezuela bribed Trump, it needs to ask for its money back.

3 Likes

Citgo is not necessarily managed by Venezuela directly. This questionable donation needs to be look at more closely, to be sure.
But, it’s getting very tiring seeing all this $$$ floating around in The Swamp.

0 Likes

Most of what goes on in the D.C. swamp cesspool is “perfectly legal”, even though it shouldn’t be.  The Korpocracy protects its members . . .

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking as well. It is easier to list things that the administration has done right, than labor ourselves listing the things they did not.

0 Likes

Perhaps our new House should be demanding audits of “everything.” I.G. inspectors galore would be a welcome sight.

1 Like