Home | About | Donate

The Slandering of Ilhan Omar

The Slandering of Ilhan Omar

Naomi LaChance

Even though there is an actual member of Congress who has called himself “David Duke without the baggage” and the president peddles racist bigotry of all stripes, The Washington Post somehow found it journalistically appropriate on Monday to compare Duke, a former Ku Klux Klan leader, to Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar.

3 Likes

If this Congress seems intent on denouncing Ms. Omar for her perceived “anti-Semitic” comments, Congress must at the same time denounce the murderous hatred of the Palestinian People by the Zionists in Israel.

To do one without acknowledging the other is like sweeping dirt under the carpet.

Useless.

Someone must be concerned about how the Palestinians are constantly endangered.

10 Likes

I stand with you, dear truth-telling sister Omar!

12 Likes

I see this as very much like the Histroy of Black Segration in the USA and the fight against it. Those first few Blacks that attended schools once reserved for whites or went to drink water from white only fountains, or refused to sit at the back of the bus were subject to all manner of abuse. Those people are to be lauded for their courage.

That they started to that is what lead to those barriers slowly breaking down albeit there always that element that would like to return to those days when “america was great”.

There are more and more people supporting Ilhan Omar and more and more questioning the influence of Israel via AIPAC on the USA and that in and of itself hopeful. There are going to be any number of peoples and politicians trying to shut her up , not because she promotes hatred , but because she speaks truth.

The same people supporting the slaughter of children in Yemen or pushing for war on Venezuela, or insisting the USA remain in Syria and Africa so as to kill more Muslims are hardly concerned about the hatred they promote.

8 Likes

Donald Trump, Benjamin Nutty Yahoo & AIPAC are Anit-Semitic. Arabs are Semites.Sometimes telling lies or keeping your mouth shut keeps you out of trouble and telling the truth is what gets you into trouble.

2 Likes

The Minneapolis Star Tribune has a supportive editorial. “The Dishonest Smearing of Ilhan Omar.”

7 Likes

amazing that some who see racism and Islamophobia everywhere never never see anti-Semitism (we know what that term really means) not even in the Islamic world where it is so so prevalent.
Omar’s critics have free speech rights too and they have a right to criticize her. In my opinion, she is deliberately provoking and insulting the American Jewish community to advance an anti-Israel agenda, look how she is getting some “progressives” are objecting to a resolution against anti-Semitism!
All this serves the Trump and the GOP because it divides their opposition.

2 Likes

On this topic, Glenn Greenwald speaks for me, except for my adding this:

On Israel, the d-party establishment walks in lockstep with the republicans. Opposition, my ass.

6 Likes

I was a staunch critic of Israeli apartheid long before I’d ever heard of Ilhan Omar.

So did the conflation of anti-Semitism and criticism of Israel by people like you.

Here’s a thought: Explain how I’m perfectly to boycott the state of North Carolina over discriminatory bathroom policy, but the leaders of my country want to ban me from boycotting Israel for violently oppressing Palestinians and appropriating their land?

6 Likes

Boy! That’s screwed up. She never attacked the American Jewish community, she attacked the pro-Israeli lobby and the politicians aligned with them over their support of Israel’s treatment of Palestinians. There’s nothing anti-Semitic about that.

Actually, the objection is to the notion that she should be admonished for exercising her right to speak about an important issue and the hollow assertion that her remarks were anti-Semitic.

You need to get your facts straight.

7 Likes

rather then address here remarks on the clear and obvious meaning. They change the subject - a play from the Zionist playbook.

2 Likes

As a Jew I say good for her. Israel is pushing for exemption from all criticism. Demanding speech be suppressed. Boycott is free speech and has been adjudicated as such… but the lobby would make our county less democratic. I see it … if you can not see Israel is out of control… then you are … kinda dumb - that is about the kindest thing I can say. I would take sever measures against Israel … right is right and Israel is wrong. I would have Mueller investigate Israel’s influence in US elections. That would take about a week to have several hundred charges on slam dunk convictions. Israel is making the US fascist. Time for Israel’s influence to end.

2 Likes

Israel is screaming racism- they are lobbying for laws that recognizes them as untouchables in another country. Lets be more precise. I am Jewish … and racism is bad. No kind of racism is any worse than another. All bad. But if people want to be stupid racists so be it… what is with the idea that antisemitism is a special kind of racism - worse than all others. Needs special attention by our legislators?

Only those who are narcissistic psychopaths believe such a thing. Did I just call out Israel - narcissistic psychopaths - uber-racists feigning insult because the rest of the world does not acknowledge their superiority. Yup!

My experience the widely reported increase antisemitism is a lie. I see a rising disgust at Zionist lobbying - racism (uber anti-Semites) and their interference in other countries’ politics (serves us right as we do it to everyone else - but that’s a separate issue). The increase is actually a realization that there are some really bad people and politics coming out of Israel.

Israeli’s know this all to well, so rather than engage in discussions they will lose, they bribe our politicians to acknowledge their superiority and to pass laws to demand our fealty to the fascist state of Israel. NO DISCUSSION allowed.

2 Likes

A true. deplorable. Vomiting hatred.

Troll alert!!! Bot!!!

A self identified troll. - no cogent responses - just the vitriol. As discussed earlier when there is no way to refute points - starts stomping the feet like a self entitled baby.

Thanks for the case in point study.

1 Like

https://therealnews.com/stories/ilan-omars-denunciation-of-israel-lobby-is-not-anti-semitism-phyllis-bennis

Peace
Po

2 Likes

Here is what Representative Omar was actually referring to.

Peace
Po

3 Likes

I’ve signed three petitions supporting this tough little cookie-Con. Omar is a like a breath of clean air after spending days in a smoke-filled room.
FYI- Sen. Baldwin is from Wisconsin.

3 Likes

You, and folk who share your opinion, are free to share your views. For my part, my Jewish grandmother - my mother’s mother whose family escaped pograms then Nazis - was staunchly anti-racist and married a man of color. Many of my Jewish relatives and friends are strongly critical of the extreme right wing, brutally oppressive, Netanyahu government.

Right wing supporters of the Israeli government equate critique of the Israeli government as anti-semitism just as right wing supporters of the US government equate critique of Trump, and the US government, as anti-American or treasonist. Bolderdash. I agree with Ilhan Omar’s critique of the Israeli government. The attacks folk on the right are launching against Ilahn Omar, Rashida Thalid, and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortex are rooted in and promoting White Supremacy.

2 Likes