Home | About | Donate

The State Department Drama Shows Just How Far Trump Will Go for Big Oil

The State Department Drama Shows Just How Far Trump Will Go for Big Oil

Basav Sen

It’s said that you can tell a lot about people by the company they keep. And the shady characters President Trump has surrounded himself with represent a new low even by Washington standards.

One thread that ties many of these people together is their deep connection with the fossil fuel industry — and their willingness to implement the industry’s agenda, regardless of the impacts on people and planet.

The nexus between energy and economics must be corrected by including what the latter now accepts as externalities, such as poverty and pollution (including, but not limited to, greenhouse gases). Absent such correction no progress will be made toward the twin threats of climate change and nuclear war (the underpinning risk of which is largely due to who supplies energy to whom and by what routes). Nothing less than the fates of human civilization and myriad species depend on such progress. Money, as currently defined, is the greatest impediment to peace and life on this planet.

If it wasn’t for our Capitalist system and the greed it engenders, the human race is more then capable of rising to this challenge and coming out the otherside with a healthier planet ready to sustains us and our future generations well into an amazing future.

Instead, for the sake of a few dollars in the pockets of a couple humans…we let them commit mass ecocide on everything that lives or breathes We choose a planet of death over a beautiful shining light teeming with diversity and life, perhaps unique of all of the universes creations.

Way to go humans…I have a tremendous love for all life forms on the planet with the exception of one…and those are the primates. I see us in them…and iit creeps me out. We are a virus that will kill our host.

Pompeo is just a hint, as is Bolton, though we had might best take these seriously.

Big Oil and it’s destructive effects are going to cost this planet dearly.

Trump and the shady characters he associates with have based their lives on profiting from the corrupt practices that they can get away with because of their elite status.

Enabling this to continue for one more day, is all of our faults.

Will it really take another War to get us to act to throw these criminals out?

#No More

Big Oil has had a stranglehold on the government for decades. It’s not just Trump. Both Republicans and Democrats are their paid puppets.

Those are the most important words in your post, Dan.

Oh what does it matter if Tillerson or anyone else did something criminal? Accountability has not been as strong suit in Repugs or Dimwits party as they are all complicit in the crime.

Vote them all out especially the establishment of each party as they as crooked as any other.

Both sides are equally to blame. B.S.

Both sides are equally to blame blah, blah, blah.
That’s as big a lie as Holy Geezer is telling.

Trump is big oil.

The various species in the oceans contain 3xs as many predators as are found on the land masses of this planet. Hating primates seems to be a misguided and mean way of attacking the many Oiligarchies in bed with the Trump Adm.
Trump can be explained quite easily after 15 months as POTUS. " There’s been no collusion, no cover up, no corruption, no copulation, no criminality, no conflicts of interest and no contradictions. " The 7 Pillars of Fake News, repeated daily by the biggest Crooks and Conniving Criminals in the history of this country.
Calling them killer whales would seem more apt for you to make an accurate argument.
FYI- Killer whales ( Orcas ) are apex predators.

Humans are beyond predators, we are a scourge. The primate thing I should have left out. It is a personal thing. I just find most primates repulsive…including most humans. Just me…

Yes, dems throw us a few crumbs but nothing gets really done not what really needs changing. What have dems done to stop the flow of money only to the top? Under Clinton he did more to secure the wealth same with Obama.

At some point us dems have to stop lying to ourselves,.

“Worse, Perry has used his office to push terrible policies handpicked by Murray, such as charging utility customers to subsidize coal and nuclear power plants.”
I fail to see how this actually happened considering the DOE study submitted under Perry did not find grid reliability concerns at the current time, and the FERC decision was negative on changing credits. What is this policy that Perry changed to help out coal and nuclear? Coal funding has been increased, but so has CCS funding which Murray objected to. The Office of Nuclear Energy has actually seen reductions in funding, and the only recent additions for funding towards nuclear energy specifically have been for SMR and Advanced Nuclear Technologies, so what on earth are you talking about…

Furthermore its interesting to note that solar and wind subsidies for electricity are greater than that of nuclear or coal as reported by the EIA. I always find it interesting how green organizations like to manipulate subsidy data to include concrete subsidies for coal and weapons subsidies for nuclear, when in reality neither of these are attributable for actual electricity generation.

Oh, wake the fuck up, will you! Your propagandized DAMNOCRAT ADDICTION is showing!!!

Wake up to what?
Do you think the Democrats are just as bad as Republicans or are you just referring to the fossil fuel industry?

Your false equivalency slip shows, too. It’s looking like there’s an agenda in there but no plan. Might be why they’re all bunched up and on backwards. Vote Green Party in the mid-terms? Really?
Hand Trump’s followers a gift after the Dims have got them on the ropes, sounds like very Trumpian advice. R U offering this advice for free?

They are DAMNED NEAR as bad as the Rethugs and if you weren’t afraid of that truth and did some research…

Seek a twelve-step program for your addiction to a TEAM and not the truth!