Home | About | Donate

The State of the Union: Trump, Abrams, and Sanders to Address the Nation

The State of the Union: Trump, Abrams, and Sanders to Address the Nation

Common Dreams staff

President Donald Trump delivers his second State of the Union address on Tuesday night at 9 PM ET.

Watch:

Following the president's address, 2018 gubernatorial Stacey Abrams of Georgia will deliver the official Democratic Party rebuttal.

Watch:

0 Likes

Timing is perfect.

1 Like

It shouldn’t be this god-damned hard to find Sanders responce.

1 Like

The Pig has nothing of worth for me to hear. Seeing his disgusting, lying puss on tv is a disgrace to anyone watching this shit show. Promising to help people with cancer? Shut down the carcinogen fossil fuel industry! I wanna hear Sanders and Abrams, not a lying loser who uses Twitter to communicate. Took one look and saw Pence in the background and shut it off. Why is he still here making this speech? Would have gained more viewers if it was done live from Prison!

5 Likes

Didn’t watch – but will be anxious to find TEXT of Bernie Sanders and
Stacey Abrams –

I trust this is a very good sign that it is Bernie Sanders and not someone else
who got to make the rebuttal?

Hope Hillary is long gone somewhere and took the pervert Joe Biden with her.

2 Likes

What we will need to be able to read here will be the subtext. I’m flummoxed.

0 Likes

I watched the Office Season 1 Eps. 1 and 2. Did I miss anything?

1 Like

Lots of platitude, no depth, no substance. It’s as if Abrams had anticipated every shallow word. This gal has an Einsteinian mind. That response wasn’t written by a committee. haven’t listen to my personal hero Sanders yet.

1 Like

One minute devoted to our nations infrastructure, two minutes to reducing drug prices, and the balance of the hour and a half, to outright lies everyone knows he doesn’t believe, and assorted BS.

I wasted my time listening to the Liar.

3 Likes

I watched the Diversity Training episode of The Office. I got both irony AND a few laughs, all with no resentment. Michael is more cringe-worthy than You-Know-Who. Well… maybe.

1 Like

Bernie Sanders for President in 2020! The one and only! Peace

4 Likes

HI lerenarde: I loved Stacey Abrams speech----I saw and heard a REAL person with actual thoughts and with her beliefs backed up with real life instances. A very positive source of energy.
The Donald makes a good after dinner type speaker----and is a whole lot better than listening to GW Bush, or even Obama. But—still, he did cover many things, but honestly Iran is not our enemy, nor is Venezuela. The oddest thing was the republican response… it was organized , loud and I felt like they were channeling the groups of the all male white extremists… it was very odd as they moved liked a rehearsed group and seemed alien in all their energy. Oh well-------- it seemed most loud and energized when Trump spoke of controlling women bodies and when he said babies were aborted just before birth… I wondered what he was talking about----who does that?
Oh well. He had a lot of stamina and certainly presents a lot better than most politicians------- he is so smooth in his delivery in speaking to the entire room, but I wondered all the while—what does he really believe?
Bernie is right, climate change was missing, and while Trump picked people with outstanding experiences to profile----I didn’t think he really cared about them as people. Weirdly, as stupid as his tweets often are, and how peculiar some of the things he says are------------he is able to command the room, even though a lot of what he said seemed made up. Posturing seems a necessary skill for politicians -------but like an after dinner speaker, things were said well and sometimes with humor, but with a blandness too---------the oddest thing is---------it’s really hard to recall what he actually said, or most especially what he really meant! If he was a meal, I would have left and
felt very hungry —but also very empty.

1 Like

Yawn…just woke up from a nap. Did I miss anything or is the state of corruption in the US still the same…??

0 Likes

Skipped the SOTU. Only bothered to listen to the Democratic rebuttal by Stacey Abrams, & the predictably inspiring & right on target Sanders rebuttal.

3 Likes

The Sanders speech is the one you mustn’t miss.

2 Likes

Here it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAmMIeZawC4&t=110s

0 Likes

I noticed he didn’t mention his cabinet with braggadoshia. He didn’t want any more pregnant moments of silence indicating nobody believed a word of it, whatever IT was.

1 Like

WIRED notes Trump Pledges Investment, But Is Silent on Key Tech Issues

0 Likes

The writing was so good on that show, The Office, that sometimes it was really hard to watch. Cringe-worthy indeed.

0 Likes

I could’ve told you so…

0 Likes