Home | About | Donate

The Stateless of the Union: Trump’s War on Immigrants

The Stateless of the Union: Trump’s War on Immigrants

Amy Goodman, Denis Moynihan

President Donald Trump delivered his first State of the Union address Tuesday night. It was to be his clarion call to bipartisanship. Instead, under the guise of a compromise position on the fate of nearly 800,000 DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) recipients, Trump bashed Latino immigrants just like he did on the day he launched his presidential campaign in 2015, when he said of Mexicans: “They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists.”

I often disagree with Ms Goodman’s rallying cry for Democrats.

But she’s right on the money here. Would be that conservadems could be counted on in this fight.

Question: Who benefits from having 11 million undocumented workers in the US. Hint: It is not the workers. Or, taxpayers.

Hey Amy - who the heck cares about the immigrants; the president is turning this “democracy” into a fascist playground…why don’t you step up and blow the whistle on the terror attack fraud of 2001 which gives credence and allows this fascist tool to continue down this road…you might have enough $$ to spruce up your tv set, do something about the lighting, put on a new set of threads and blow the whistle! you may get sacked, c’est la vie, take some money and move to a nice setting in Ecuador!

Fern: Do you like strawberries? Who picks them?

Well since you asked, yes I do like strawberries. And, I get them from various sources. The very best were the ones I picked in my great-grandmothers garden. I’m sure that is not what you wanted to know though. So if there is a subtext to that question it would help if you were more direct.

I also get some from a local Vietnamese tenet farmer that are pretty good too.