Home | About | Donate

'The Story of Water': New Video From Story of Stuff Team Delivers Short, Beautiful Smackdown of Water Privatization

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/06/17/story-water-new-video-story-stuff-team-delivers-short-beautiful-smackdown-water

3 Likes

Clean water, clean air. and clean soil should be a guarantee for all humans on Earth. BUT—as our armies specialize in killing anything that mov including he environment—our corporations seem to specialize in ruining the planet. I wonder if they understand what happens to the water table when a manufacturing plant is near by, or a nuclear site-, or a fracking site----?
Do they think that the city of Flint is just an anomaly; do they even care about a city named Flint? Do they think that gated communities have naturally clean water? Do they wonder why so many children in America die of diseases today that didn’t happen 50 years ago?
Humans seem to specialize in fouling their own nests----I don’t think that birds are that stupid. : (

6 Likes

You are spot on. Me? I’m still waiting for the invisible hand to fix it. If libertarianism sounds like a religion. It is a religion. Don’t BUY it.

3 Likes

Anyone trying to privatize public water supplies needs to be rounded up and sent to “special” camps. they are fascist scum

4 Likes

Afterall, Flint has done such a fine job of public water management…

1 Like

that is a deeply ignorant and perverted statement. Flints water system was fine until the republicans got hold of it and made a conscious effort to screw it up . Maybe you want to do a little research.

6 Likes

Municipalities should never have to “dodge privatization”, period.

3 Likes

Phred, Flint has had a municipal water system, i.e., GOVERNMENT run. It was the government that screwed it up because they were effectively in bankruptcy.

Perhaps you should do some research on the difference between “government owned” and “private”

Dude are you really this ignorant?. Pss…U might wanna catch up with reality.

Dude, can you speak in facts instead of insults?

It was operating fine until the Republicans appointed a republican dictator and changed the source of their water

No, actually it wasn’t. The city lacked the money to run it. But, the republican receiver certainly launched the crisis through bone-headed action. This is why you don’t have governments handle this sort of thing - they can act without oversight.

Turning public water systems over to corporations is an insane, suicidal move.

1 Like

Are the these (private) institutions run by inept or just corrupt thieves? They sure didn’t/don’t mind “government” assistance, see link below…

https://projects.propublica.org/bailout/list

1 Like

Apparently Smith would prefer TrumpCo handling his/her water supply.

And as always: Don’t Feed the Trolls

1 Like

Maybe some of the trolls we encounter have some degree of cognitive impairment caused by unknowingly consuming lead (or other contaminant/toxin)-contaminated water (packaged and sold by the nefarious and shameful corporate entities they so faithfully defend).

1 Like

Well I already posted this to another article but it works here too

1 Like