For the past six months, at the confluence of the Cannonball and Missouri Rivers, history has been made at one of the largest international gatherings of indigenous people in recent history. Representatives from well over 100 indigenous nations and thousands of people have camped, prayed, and taken action in solidarity with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe against the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline on and near the tribe’s sovereign land in North Dakota.
You do realize Ms King and Mr Munger that your file at the NSA just got an inch thicker don't you?
We also need to demilitarize every police force across this country. It's beginning to look a lot more like an occupation force then a police force around the US.
Excellent statement on the right to protest the pipeline, and protect our water resources and sacred lands, Sabrina King and Will Munger.
Sadly, what you are seeing here is probably a practice run for what many Americans, unaware that they now live in the Fourth Reich, will have facing themselves after the next election.
* Non-violent protest has been meeting ever increasing government (police and military) force to break them up. The controlled press often equates peaceful, even prayerful, protests against such things as pipelines, anti-war demonstrations, protests at military terrorist training bases such as the "School of the Americas," which I understand has been renamed, but still exists and functions. Club and gas wielding police wade into peaceful protesters and the press calls it "riot suppression" when the only rioters are the cops.
* We are rapidly approaching the stage where protest will be outlawed except at remote, caged in areas ("free speech zones"), far from the press. That has already been practiced a number of times. Protests against police shootings of unarmed civilians are responded to by SWAT teams and sometimes National Guard units who do all they can to promote some violent reaction so they can claim a "riot." This often leads to still more casualties.
* As the wars continue to broaden and conditions get worse here in the "Homeland," the excuse for Martial Law will be exercised and the final nails in the coffin of the Constitutional Republic of the United States of America will be driven home and the Fourth Reich will stand astride the globe, its jackboots stamping on the faces of freedom lovers worldwide and at home.
* Look back at the past two decades. This has all been building up, incrementally. A little at a time, a bit more restriction, more surveillance, more searches, more shootings.
* I pray for the Dakota Spirit Camp, and for all others who are trying to make a change for the better, who are trying to take our nation back from the merchants of greed and death who consider all of this as a matter of profit. Bodies and misery for bucks in the bank.
* May the Great Spirit bless and protect you.