Home | About | Donate

“The Time of the End is the Time of No Room”

“The Time of the End is the Time of No Room”

George Capaccio

Daffy Donald proposes to ban Muslims from entering the U.S., while journalist Glenn Greenwald recently reported on the frightening upsurge in attacks on Muslims. As I write these words, I am listening to John Williams’ score for the movie “Schindler’s List.” The music never fails to move me deeply. Whatever historical flaws or misrepresentations the film might have, the undeniable suffering of the Jewish people, along with millions of political dissidents and other “undesirable” human beings—the Untermenschen in Nazi parlance—is an escapable part of our history.

I enjoyed the way Mr. Capaccio pointed out that the refugee problem is a problem created by the reckless military adventures by the US. and their proxies. However Capaccio also believes that if we all adopt the "the language of understanding, compassion and love" we will somehow put an end to the crisis. 95% of the population I believe speaks that language. The other five percent though run the show and speak the language of understanding and love only to appease the masses. Capaccio is also correct that we need to educate people that our corporate politicians are responsible for the refugee crisis, but it is next to impossible to get this message out as corporate media does not permit this level of truth to occupy its newsprint or airwaves. None of the presidential candidates will ever take responsibility for the refugee problem especially when some of them (like HRC) are directly responsible for the slaughter in the Middle East. Instead we're stuck with the same old rhetoric about 'not getting soft on terrorism' and other such nonsense.

Merry Christmas to all of the CD readers and the staff at CD by the way....

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

We need to go beyond imagining ourselves in another's shoes

And imagine ourselves in their souls

Racism, militarism, dwindling resources, war profiteering aside, could all this suffering and sadness have been avoided by having lifted religious and political bans on Planned Parenthood long ago?

Thank you for this article. This is also my opinion but people don't want to hear it. They don't understand that as long as we refuse to own this ,WE ARE THE PROBLEM. Thank you again. j