Home | About | Donate

The Top 11 Things the Dems Absolutely Must Do in the House

Or just do one thing that encompasses the rest:

You mean only one doctor? That doesn’t sound right to me.

61 Comments and what do you get, another day older and deeper in debt. Eleven tries up front and 61 from the peanut gallery and not a single mention of the house to even attempt voter integrity reform. Geez, we were just there, we are still there, and it isn’t working. We even have a republican governor trying to sic his law enforcement agency on democrats. How brazen can it get? I would suggest we put on a good pair of shoes before we choose which asses to kick.

Nope, every one in the House votes for who is the Speaker. If Republicans on Trump’s direction are willing to vote for her over another Democrat, that does mean something. It will affect what happens in the Democratic Caucus’s decision making.

In American politics, every day is Halloween!

That’s what I wrote. In what way is that wrong?

She may not get the speakership if a substantial majority of Democrats don’t vote for her, but we’ll see. She ain’t gonna do it if the bulk of her votes are Trumpists and it will all be settled within the caucus prior to a formal vote, as it has been for 200 years.

The idea that Republicans in the House would take their marching orders from Trump on that is silly anyway. Pelosi is radioactive on the right, Republicans aren’t voting for her. They know what the adds will be like on local am radio stations in primaries. Plus, they have their own leadership elections, which are not settled. Hell, they feature a guy under a cloud related to child molestation charges.

The list is tilted towards Cole’s interests.
Near the top of my list would be a new voters’ rights act; then, there would be a Democratic majority in the Senate, too and no close call for governors in Georgia and Florida. A meaningful Democratic majority would tell those in office what is wanted. Both Pelosi and Schumer would be out.
Free higher education, a living minimum wage, and bringing progressive taxation of corporations and the wealthy with a reduction in under 100k taxes.
The Dems are as responsible for following the Zionist agenda in the middle east as the Repugs. Don’t see any chance for the Zionist assault on Syria ending. It would be nice to see Bolton locked up. He and his fellow Israeli firsters were as rampant in the Obama regime and control the House and Senate. They destroyed Libya and destabilized Ukraine.

I agree

Pelosi will cut Social Security in the name of bipartisanship.

Yes, VA for all. Take all the profit out of medical care.

And build the wall too. And then she will turn around and wonder in 2020 why Trump got reelected.

Pelosi won’t be running committees, or writing a budget by herself.

I’m starting to think that you should be writing for CD rather than just commenting. The “journalism by quoting Twitter” thing going on here is getting a bit tiresome, and a bit of real analysis would be welcome.

Juan, you’re kidding, right? I see zero chance the Democratic House of Representatives will act on any of the 11 issues you outline (BTW, I support every one mentioned). My representative has already announced that getting Trump to release his tax returns will be his first priority. I expect no change because the Democratic party does not want to change – the money comes from being Republican-lite.

You are right. It has been nearly 20 years since Bush was appointed to the presidency by the US Supreme Court because of crappy voting procedures and things have only gotten worse. We need full national standardization of voting procedures and methods. We need to get partisans out of the role of managing and supervising elections - that can best be done by citizens or civil servants. Finally, we need to replace all voting machines with paper ballots and any new machines need to combine paper ballots with machines to fill them out and tabulate the results – at multiple points in the process to ensure accuracy.

Deals are done by both sides giving something up to the other. Republicans always ask for it all and the Democrats are pliant enough to go along. Not a negotiation, but it makes obstructionism preferable.

Here are the Top 11 Things Demoncrats must do if you expect We, The Rabble to ever vote for a Democrat again:

1. Binge watch The Wizard of Oz until an epiphany occurs in your corporate brains that your party is an indecorous pride of Cowardly Corporate Lions and that We, The Munchkins are about to go Full Chihuahua Mode on you at ankle level with Bone Saws!

2. You are Cowardly Corporate Lions. We are Munchkins in Full Chihuahua Mode with Bone Saws!

3. You are Cowardly Corporate Lions. We are Munchkins in Full Chihuahua Mode with Bone Saws!

4. You are Cowardly Corporate Lions. We are Munchkins in Full Chihuahua Mode with Bone Saws!

5. You are Cowardly Corporate Lions. We are Munchkins in Full Chihuahua Mode with Bone Saws!

6. You are Cowardly Corporate Lions. We are Munchkins in Full Chihuahua Mode with Bone Saws!

7. You are Cowardly Corporate Lions. We are Munchkins in Full Chihuahua Mode with Bone Saws!

8. You are Cowardly Corporate Lions. We are Munchkins in Full Chihuahua Mode with Bone Saws!

9. You are Cowardly Corporate Lions. We are Munchkins in Full Chihuahua Mode with Bone Saws!

10. Your are Cowardly Corporate Lions. We are Munchkins in Full Chihuahua Moade with Bone Saws!

11. You are Cowardly Corporate Lions. We are Munchkins in Full Chihuahua Mode with Bone Saws!

12. You are Cowardly Corporate Lions. Nevermind … Ladies and Gentlemen, Saw At Will!