Home | About | Donate

The Treaty of Tlatelolco: Giving Thanks to Our Latin American Neighbors Toward a World Free of Nuclear Weapons

The Treaty of Tlatelolco: Giving Thanks to Our Latin American Neighbors Toward a World Free of Nuclear Weapons

Robert Dodge

Americans gathered around their Thanksgiving tables last week reflecting on what they were thankful for this past year. There was the potential for much angst after a year with significant division in our nation often emphasizing differences and talk of building walls to separate us from our neighbors.

On the other hand, would Latin America be so used and abused by US if it had nukes?

Latin America, the Caribbean, Bahamas & Bermuda should establish a merged military superpower that can stand up to anybody especially the USA. :relaxed::smile::smiley_cat::thumbsup::v::muscle:

Through this treaty not only are 100% of nuclear weapons in the Northern hemisphere but, since they are capable of making weapons grade material, 99% of the nuclear reactors are in the Northern hemisphere. The air and water masses between the hemispheres do not mix much so after Fukushima I moved from Ca to Ecuador so that when I look at a pregnant woman I can smile and not be bothered by negative thoughts.
This treaty I think arose from the nightmare of the Cuban Missile Crisis. At least some sanity arose from it.