Home | About | Donate

The True Scandal of 2016 Was The Torture of Chelsea Manning

The True Scandal of 2016 Was The Torture of Chelsea Manning

Jeremy Scahill

A few days ago, we learned that Private Chelsea Manning attempted to take her own life last month for the second time since being sentenced to 35 years at the U.S. military prison in Leavenworth, Kansas. The whistleblower, who provided the collateral murder video, the Iraq and Afghan war logs, and the hundreds of thousands of classified U.S. State Department cables to Wikileaks, was convicted of espionage.

It's astounding how few people I run into who even know who Chelsea is.

Of course, with a Captured Media that's no accident.

What was that saying? Something about a SURE SIGN OF TYRANNY is when the scumbags are out walking about freely, but the good people are in prison? I used to think the USA was in an ethical free-fall. Now I see it as a full bore, afterburner-assisted dive into the hubs of hell. Let's put our whistle-blowers, including Manning and Snowden, before the people of the world for a vote. Hero? Or bum? If the majority votes them to be bums, let their punishments stand, but if the world votes them to be heroes, then we send all of the people involved in their incarceration and torture to Guantanamo. There MUST BE CONSEQUENCES for torture!

The torture that Trump wants to completely legitimize by making it legal.. This fact has been routinely dismissed by most, and this blows me away.

The ravenous military beast that is the U.S. military will destroy anyone who exposes the crimes.

Latest polls show the majority of drumpf voters, ahne faced with specific evidence of his lies, still side with the liar rather than any news source whatsoever. We truly live now in a world where one in power can create thier own facts.

In support of Drumpf, I now know for certain that the sun sets in the East, and rises from the West every day.

For those who say I am lying --no, it is a conspiracy, and there is disagreement among scientists.

Drumpf is now becoming leader of this country, because he reflects the cruelty/hate of the citizenry that put him into power.

The devastating psychological and physical effects of prolonged
solitary confinement are well documented by social scientists: prolongedsolitary confinement causes prisoners significant mental harm and places them at grave risk of even more devastating future psychological harm and at times, these harms were found to be permanent or persist even after one was released from solitary. (we would call this PTSD)
Researchers have demonstrated that prolonged solitary confinement causes a persistent and heightened state of anxiety and nervousness, headaches, insomnia, lethargy or chronic tiredness, nightmares, heart palpitations, fear of impending nervous breakdowns and higher rates of hypertension and early morbidity. Other documented effects include obsessive ruminations, confused thought processes, an oversensitivity to stimuli, irrational anger, social withdrawal, hallucinations, violent fantasies, emotional flatness, mood swings, chronic depression, feelings of overall deterioration, as well as suicidal ideation.