Home | About | Donate

The Trump Administration Is Trying To Undermine The CFPB. It Will Fail.

The Trump Administration Is Trying To Undermine The CFPB. It Will Fail.

Richard Cordray

President Trump talked a lot about “forgotten Americans” during the 2016 campaign. That led many people who are struggling in this country to believe he would have their backs in the White House. He has not.

When I stepped down as the first director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in November, I knew there would be changes. But what I have seen since has troubled me deeply.

I sure hope you’re right, Mr. Cordray. I was hoping you had some specific grounds for that hope, but I guess we’ll see.

Richard I hate to break it to you, but you where put out to pasture and satan took over for you. It has already succeeded.

There will be an election in November of this year. The odds are that the Republicans will maintain control of the House and Senate. However, even if they don’t, those stuffed shirts (and blouses) elected will show their corruption just like those presently in office. That’s just the way it has been and remains in the US.

Do you really think there’s a chance that the people of Massachusetts will shut Elizabeth Warren up when Mitch McConnell couldn’t? The GOP are going to wish they’d let her run the CFPB.

Democrats created the CFPB.

Cordray sez: “I am confident that the CFPB and its mission will live on long after Trump has left office.”

Ayuh. Sorta like the Weimar Constitution lived on after Hindenburg ‘left office’.

Ds also created the death of Glass-Steagall and “welfare as we know it,” among other travesties. What’s your point?

Did Democrats create those? Because, as I recall, the CFMA was voted for twice by one Bernie Sanders, whose progressive caucus colleagues voted against it, and Republican Senator Phil Gramm took the lead in the Senate as Chair of the Banking Committee on it’s passage. That bill had way more to with the collapse than Glass-Steagal repeal ever did. He also took the lead on Gramm-Rudman-Bliley (all Republicans), which only had 1 Democratic yes vote in the Senate. The conference report on that bill passed with 2/3rds majorities in both houses after regulatory changes to it though, remember? What were those changes, and why were they put into place? And did that bill actually do anything that the Fed, since the 1980s, hadn’t already permitted? That’s the one that repealed Glass-Steagal as I recall, right?

Eh, this stuff is complicated, let’s just yell at the Democrats.