Home | About | Donate

The Trump and the FED

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/11/14/trump-and-fed

2 Likes

Can the Superior Court of DC also be tasked with trying Trump, his appointees and other enablers when Biden launches Nuremberg style trials on January 21 ?

2 Likes

Well, All that is very interesting, but what if the Biggly Orange Rump orders the Secret Service, backed up by many many of his White Supremacist Brown Shirts, not to allow the Marshals to enter the premises under threat of being fired upon and slaughtered? Now there’s a real question for ya. I know that’s more than likely, unlikely, but since we’re playing “what if” that’s my what if. (giggle)

1 Like

Why not just count the votes and exercise due process, insofar as the system is capable of it?

Trump has no special backing from the power structure; Biden has no special lack of it. This is not a situation involving asymmetrical power, nor is it a situation involving any authentically populist or humanist faction.

The one element that we have any real interest in preserving here, insofar as it still exists, is due process in an election.

Count the silly votes. Count all the votes. Take the time it takes. Evict Trump if it comes to that, since that is what the vote count apparently suggests, and then work to counteract the next escalation.

But this whole “Ooh, we have to use extra-Constitutional powers” is pure ulterior motive. These guys are like kids in a car on vacation: “Do I get to use extra-Constitutional powers now? Do I get to use them NOW? Do I get to use them NOW?!”

1 Like

So our constitution and laws were written for treasnous wealthy individuals it seems. Wait another three weeks after Jan 20th, you got to be kidding. It is horrendous and dark age laws. Our laws and loopholes have failed we the people so have our lawmakers of the last 50 years.

1 Like

Again, the constitution is outdated for the 21st century and our laws over the last 100 years are of the dark age and we the people need enlightment and laws that don’t just protect and enrich the wealthy. This is getting so tiresome.

2 Likes

Whom would we have revise it?

1 Like

The first time I saw Trump was back in the summer of 1980 on (I think) P.M. Magazine (a TV show) that my sister watched while she was cooking me dinner. My only thought was what a putz. To this day the only possible positive thing I could say about him is that I have learned a lot about the rules of this nation as a result of him being 45. Those of you that know my postings will know that I will NEVER say anything good about the Orange Pustule.

1 Like

Details??? Well I hope progressives and liberals can work toward that outcome with the death of all those old people in congress. Sorry to be gras. I guess Schumeer and Oregon’s Kurt Shrader aren’t in that group of oldies but work together wiht the to keep corporate control

I don’t think the personnel is in office, honestly. Were the values we call progressive much represented, the country would not drift into oppression as it has. Were we to have people who would, say, take away corporate personhood or create limitations to mercenary black ops agencies, that would be great. But I don’t see much push back against those things within the government. Even where there appear to be some signs, there seems to be smoke without fire.

I am glad to have a First Amendment and protections against search and seizure. I would like to see further protections of the election process. But it appears to me that all three branches of government oppose these.

1 Like