Home | About | Donate

The Trump Depression Could Be Worse Than the Great Depression

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/05/12/trump-depression-could-be-worse-great-depression

The last sentence posses my question;

How can a growth economy happen in a life-style that would require over five Earths if every one lived like the US?

“During the pause a robust safety net provides workers and communities can debate and implement safe, just, and sustainable forms of economic growth.”

This last sentence makes sense if the word growth is edited so the conclusion reads;

During the pause a robust safety net provides workers and communities can debate and implement safe, just, and sustainable forms of economic and political organization.

I recommend a seven facet government with a permanent constituent assembly at the controls, when need arises. Qualitative growth is one goal of evolution accelerating at an accelerating rate and planning on human species survival.

2 Likes

Come on now, we all “KNOW” that it is really the Obama Depression. Just kidding… But truthfully this depression has been long in the making thanks to both parties enabling and legislating an economic system that is designed to funnel all the money to the oligarchs who are the real owners of the USA and their political puppets.

8 Likes

If so, likely that Don won’t feel too much pain.

Earth should recieve a prize for the top “state-maker” robo-planet of the local Galactic region–including it’s size–100,000 light year’s across- —size of the Milky way Galaxy-Photo–print—or artful drawing—your choice-VISION"s—and more “vision’s”–You know—most human habitable planet’s must come with fossil fuel–and all is fine until "cometh the alien “Great Bird’ to park it’s plump butt wrongly in a world belonging to other’s”----without asking–“got a match—buddy–?”
"

“Avoiding a dystopian future???”

I believe the 1800+ page coronavirus relief package that the dems have drawn up will nip all that dystopia stuff in the bud.

My God man… we’re literally living in a Terry Gilliam movie.

1 Like

Excellent! Let us all, including reporters, start calling this the trump depression.

During the 1930’s we had FDR. In 2020, we have Trump. From meeting the needs of the people to working to meet the endless corporate and ultra-rich greed in America and the egotistical, childish behavior of Trump.

Even if I dismissed differences in what policies were pursued, the issue of competence is equally day and night. Some of the best cabinet members in this country’s history were in FDRs’ administrations. The incompetence and background irrelevance of Trump’s appointees continue to hit new lows. Aarrrgh!

1 Like