Home | About | Donate

The Trump Tax Cuts Should be Repealed, Not Made Even Worse by Making Individual Tax Cuts Permanent

The Trump Tax Cuts Should be Repealed, Not Made Even Worse by Making Individual Tax Cuts Permanent

Hunter Blair

With Tax Day approaching, the Republican Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA), which included large cuts to both individual and corporate income taxes, remains front and center in the national debate. Republicans in Congress chose to make the corporate tax changes permanent, while phasing out most tax changes to the individual tax code by 2027. They made this choice to comply with the arcane rules of budget reconciliation, which do not allow legislation that increases budget deficits outside the 10-year budget window.

Vote republican and you know the rich will hoover up money wherever possible. More of everything for the wealthy. Less of everything for the poorest half although they will get more pollution.

“Vote and you know the rich will hoover up money wherever possible. More of everything for the wealthy. Less of everything for the poorest half although they will get more pollution.”

There, fixed it for you. No need to thank me.

I have a niece who is proud of never voting. She has a modest income and gets lots of government money. So far, so good, for her.

More for those with more, less for those with nothing.

So you think only R-party congress-creatures are going to vote for this?

My prediction: a minimum of 20 Ds in the House and 8 in the Senate vote Yea.

I don’t know what you mean by “this.” This article dealt with past legislation. At any rate, yes, SOME democrats are little better than republicans.

Wow, she gets lots of government money, AND has a modest income? Damn.

Yes, the “moderate”, “bi-partisan”, “centrist”, No Labels aligned Democrats.

They sure “should” be – “should” to me I can’t help but thinking of it as "the S word ". Stuff that should happen us unlikely to ever come to pass, things that should happen look unlikely to ever do.

we need to replace corporate democrats with progressive democrats. This would require those wanting progressive democrats to fund them. Can you sell that to the bottom 80%?