Home | About | Donate

The Trump Test Before Us

The Trump Test Before Us

Elizabeth Warren

Donald Trump is now the leader of the Republican Party. It's real – he is one step away from the White House. Here's what else is real:

Trump has built his campaign on racism, sexism, and xenophobia. There's more enthusiasm for him among leaders of the KKK than leaders of the political party he now controls.

"I know which side I'm on, and I’m going to fight my heart out to make sure Donald Trump’s toxic stew of hatred and insecurity never reaches the White House."

Senator Warren, then please endorse Bernie, who polls so much stronger against The Donald than Hillary.

I think one could argue that the Trump Effect is largely the Frankenstein creation of Edward Bernays.

When millions of people spend, on average, 6 hours a day watching the mainstream media, many will find themselves WORSHIPING celebrity.

Many males want to BE Trump and so they identify with him. They want the private jets, expensive real estate, and gorgeous women (for wives or girlfriends).

To this group (mostly disaffected White Guys), Trump can do no wrong. So strongly does this demographic identify with Trump that to insult him is taken as a personal insult.

When people draw their version of reality from the often false versions of events seen hour by hour in media's magic mirror, many will become enslaved by what they see. Programmed.

With Arnold Schwarzenegger, Al Franken, Jessie Ventura and other celebrities attaining fairly high offices within the U.S.... it's just a matter of time before an individual christened with the Royal Tag of celebrity gains the Oval Office.

My thought exactly. Let's do everything we can to get Bernie nominated and be able to coast through the general rather than have to slog through a disgusting filth-fest between Trump and Clinton.

"It will determine whether we move forward as one nation or splinter at the hands of one man's narcissism and divisiveness."

Or we will splinter at the hands of one woman's neoliberal corporate agenda which puts

Empire over Humanity
Profits over the Common Good
Military Power over Diplomacy
Oil over the Environment

Senator Warren, please do not try to sell Hillary Clinton to us.

Hillary Clinton is a Scorpio and the sign takes its nature from the scorpion. There is no Zodiac sign more tied to the premise of forgiveness than Scorpio. Unless the Scorpio works to live by high spiritual ideals, the scorpion's tail is always at the ready to sting... with vengeance.

My point is that people sense things subliminally without having any knowledge of Astrology's enduring archetypes of time. Ms. Warren has worked hard to advance her career and political creds. She can't AFFORD the stinger of Hillary's scorpion "tail" if she came out openly for Sanders.

Parties are based on certain loyalties and betraying them is considered a serious taboo. It's a deal-breaker and if Ms. Warren lost her status, she would no longer be positioned to make changes she views as important to the nation and its people.

Ronald Reagan was elected twice to the presidency, and he was apparently less
qualified than Trump. Never underestimate the wisdom of the American people.

I have Trans-phobia. I shun transnational corporations. I shun the Transportation Security agency. I shun the TransCanada pipeline.

The wars will continue either way.

The most violence I've seen has come from the liberal side. Actually, all out rioting, trying to attack the man himself. Imagine if Trumps supporters went after Hillary like that.

Miss Warren incites violence and innuendo herself in this piece. Does it belong here at CD?

Seems like she's come unhinged.

Forget her. She's a warmonger.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

You win against a bad candidate by fielding a good candidate to oppose him/her, not by fielding an equally bad candidate and launching a series of campaigns against the other bad candidate.

Yet again Senator Warren ignores the test before us. She refuses to choose between Clinton and Sanders. That is the test. And yet, despite her refusal to lead there, she expects she'll be listened to on the next test? I have great respect for many things the Senator has tried to accomplish in D.C., but leadership isn't sitting on the sidelines and waiting until the battle is nearly over. She needed to lead six months ago, not now.

I have had the same suspicions. The electorate is being driven to the inevitable one from Globalism, Inc. The electorate needs to get off of that bus.

The corrupt influence of big-money and big-party on politicians is a cancer metastasizing in our politics, nation and people. At this point the only moral choice is Bernie Sanders, but the Dem Party machine, including sadly, you Liz, has determined that Bernie is not acceptable to the 1%. You have missed the chance Elizabeth to show your quality........

When the "choice" is Tweedle-Dee or Tweedle-Dum the "choice" is only in degree of corruption, bigotry, warmongering, environmental neglect, corporate/banker crimes, vulture capitalism as usual - continued evil.
If there is no real choice the whole rotten construct must be brought down to build a new paradigm and increasing that process rather than propping it up may be the only real choice........

"move forward as one nation or splinter..." Good grief, Liz; as a nation we have been divided for sometime. Is Trump any worse than Bush, Reagan or Clinton, for that matter? For half a century I have observed the political theater and have seen little or no progressive movement. Guns, gays and god still color the campaigns while inequality, climate change and the DOD mafia receive little or no attention. Racism is an aspect of capitalism, not the singular opinion of a madman.

Elizabeth Warren: " I know which side I am on." No you don't!

Ms. Warren may not be conscious of the fact, but she is on the side of Trump's " toxic stew of hatred " by not coming out for Bernie and hedging her political bets. Elizabeth, Bernie needs your support now more than ever, because Trump fears Bernie not Hillary and it is way past time for you to support Bernie if you really mean what you say that Trumps "toxic stew of hatred" never reaches the White House!

That is the test before you Ms. Warren, and right now you are getting a failing grade!

Lizzy, here is what I will do if Shillery is the Democratic nominee not Bernie.

I will vote for the Donald.

I am a lifelong Democrat (63 yo) but the Party has abandoned me long ago. I voted for the clown currently in the WH only to me made to look at myself as a complete fool.

Not any more.

Bernie is not perfect but he is not a criminal like the Clinton's.

If you don't want Trump, endorse Bernie, please.