Home | About | Donate

The Unending State of Emergency

The Unending State of Emergency

Todd Gitlin

The shocks are not normal, and order will not be restored.

Normal is History.

We the People now live in the United States of Fucked Up!

Please pardon my French.

Your French is quite appropriate, given the article.

The hard part for me to take and to understand, to get my head around, is that many of the crises are not things caused by current U.S. President. What he has done, or more precisely has not done, is help once one these “Acts of God” happens is to refuse most if not all government help,

But it’s the “Acts of God” that just keep happening. We’ve got California burning up and now hurricanes are besieging Ireland and the rest of Western Europe. My memory doesn’t upload any recollections of tyhoonlike storms happening there.

Nature seems to be as dead set against us as are Trump and his true believing “base.”

To add a little to what Bob Dylan said in the last stanza of “With God On Our Side”:

So now as I’m leavin’
I’m weary as Hell
The confusion I’m feelin’
Ain’t no tongue can tell
The words fill my head
And fall to the floor
If God’s on our side
He’ll stop the next war, execution spasms, typhoon strength oceanic storm, big state sized fire storm, drought, flood, volcanic activity, etcetera etcetera etcetera

we should not make the mistake of not calling this what this is…

an act of genocide

this is a deliberate act of, in a clear and detailed way, of killing the members of a racial group.

there should be no doubt or confusion, the intention of trump, his cabinet, and his republican controlled legislature are by committing certain actions, and by not committing others, are with forethought, and acutely aware of what the result of their behaviiour is.

this is genocide. reporters, citizens, the whole world needs to recognize what is happening and call it out by name.

genocide.

but god, even as a political metaphor, is not on anybody’s side.

on the other hand, god is obviously not on the side of u.s.a. - witness the acts of god being hammered around the country.

and to continue the analogy, if god is in the picture, then surely trump is the dark and evil one - satan.

Thank You So Much For This!

and by the way…it’s spelled gawd

trump has put this country and our citizens in a perpetual state of RED energency.

we can never feel relaxed nor safe with him in the WH, pence is no better; keeping women in the kitchen, barefoot & pregnant.