Home | About | Donate

The United States of American Exceptionalism and Overseas Election Meddling

The United States of American Exceptionalism and Overseas Election Meddling

Tom Engelhardt

In this country, reactions to the Mueller report have been all-American beyond belief. Let's face it, when it comes to election meddling, it’s been me, me, me, 24/7 here. Yes, in some fashion some set of Russians meddled in the last election campaign, whether it was, as Jared Kushner improbably claimed, “a couple of Facebook ads” or, as the Mueller report described it, “the Russian government interfer[ing]... in sweeping and systematic fashion.”

2 Likes

The problem is, only 3 in 10 Americans are ashamed of our criminal meddling.

Another 2 in 10 think it’s great.
The other 5 in 10 don’t know and don’t care.

6 Likes

This is the only idiotic part:

Yes, in some fashion some set of Russians meddled in the last election campaign, whether it was, as Jared Kushner improbably [claimed] “a couple of Facebook ads” or, as the Mueller report described it, “the Russian government interfer[ing]… in sweeping and systematic fashion.”

Advertising is ‘meddling?’

Then Coca-cola & Ford motor company meddle with our lives everyday.

Why does the Russiagate hoax own us?

Why do we even have to pretend it isn’t a total CIA/Pentagon PSYOP to promote war with Russia?

8 Likes

Tom, I have just started reading William Blum’s Killing Hope and here you go picking off several chapters for me. Gee, I wanted to be surprised.

1 Like

Hoax, indeed . . . a variation of the practice of repeating a lie often enough until it achieves the status of truth . . . absolute, undenial, historically factual, honest-to-Pete truth.

The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.
Joseph Goebbels, 12 January 1941

1 Like

Here is Ann Garrison on Russia-gate forever.

In the meantime, at least some of the liberals (sic) didn’t get the memo from Steve Bannon telling them Russia gate is passe and the new enemy is China.

http://thesaker.is/full-spectrum-economic-war-has-replaced-trade-war/

Don’t worry though, they’ll get on board. Once the liberals aligned themselves with the neo-cons, any observer can see they will do as they are told.

Peace
Po

1 Like

Wow, being trolled today. Of course when you and your tight group have a hundred and eighty contacts with Russians it must be about chess, food, or adoptions, right?

Just to add to the list of Countries meddling in anothers election.

Facebook announced it was pulling down a bunch of Social media posts in an African Country as they determined the posts being made by a Foreign Country so as to sway the election. Some 812000$ was spent by the Israeli firm in question which is a number significantly higher than what Facebook concluded the Russians spent in the US Election.

I look forward to the US and the EU proscribing sanctions on Israel.

3 Likes

“I look forward to the US and the EU proscribing sanctions on Israel.”
LMAO. I wont hold my breath, and I bet you wont either.

I will once again point out that Tom almost never misses a chance to repeat the lies of 9/11, just sad.

Hi UnclePo: I guess America has forgotten that in 1973, Americans went in and helped to get Yeltsin elected. I read that online a while ago from that 1973 ( I think TIME article. )I hope it’s still on line, otherwise it looks like the Memory Hole is a real and not a fictional thing.

Hi SuspiraDeProfundis: Facebook dissed an Israeli company? Amazing, but good. : )

1 Like

Spot on, Tom! A few years ago, ClassWarFilms made a short video that backs up (to the hilt) what you say here. ICH has run it many times.

Please check it out…and feel free to use it if appropriate.

It’s called “Let Your Life Be a Friction to Stop the Machine”

Onward!

2 Likes

Hey Tom! How could you leave out US’s installation of (the drunk) Boris Yeltsin in Russia in 1996 to help the US loot the former USSR? Time Magazine even bragged about it and put him on their cover!

If Americans knew thier own history, they all would have fell over laughing for the shear hypocrisy when Hillary and Rachel Maddow et al, with straight faces accused Russia of interferring in “our democratic institutions.” That’s fake news on multiple levels!

1 Like

Wow! This is excellent! This should be the high school civics class for every teenager!

No, mail order brides.

Thank you for helping us to remember history.
We also cannot forget the Spanish American War and the establishment of Banana Republics.
Forget about election medeling, the US goes straight to the jugular and sends troops in to change the leadership of foreign countries. The US is chomping at the bit to repeat that movie in Venezuela and Iran.

Sounds like you are talking about 9/11.

The US WAS exceptional in the Sciences and Education, but that’s all gone with the infiltration of new imports, Special Education, low wages, ridding colleges of entrance exams and SATs because “Parts” of the population can’t pass.
The way it WAS:
WE built the first sky scrapers, discovered and harnessed ELECTRICITY invented assembly lines, refrigerator, Cyclotron, TV, Microwave, Integrated Circuit, Personal Computer, FORTRAN (computer language 1957), Solar Cell, LASERS, CDs, LCD, Firewire, Fiber Optics, 3D Printer, Airplane, Industrial Robot, Hand Held Calculator, liquid fuel, LED, Kevlar, nylon, automatic transmission, Washing Machine, transistor, Silicon Valley, Touch Screen, mobile phone, Polio Vaccine, MoS2 water purification, Air Conditioner, The Cloud, Face Book , GPS- internet, - you name it. Almost ALL US born and educated in the US …. And EUROPEAN!

The cost of indiscriminate immigration:
In 1960’s we were number 1 in the world in education.
the United States ranks seventeenth out of forty countries ranked in overall educational performance.

Hi Tom Larsen:
The is as good as reading WAR IS A RACKET, by General Smedley Darlington Butler. : ) Those in contra bk then even tried to get Smedley to off FDR too.

1 Like

Hi Postimpressionist:
One thing was different. Henry Ford knew that if he paid his workers well, they would benefit, and even buy his cars—and with excellent wages, even the rich profit even more. I am wondering who will bring back what used to be a law–that of Wall St. and companies buying back their own stock to make more money----but that doesn’t help the companies or the workers------it just makes the whole nation worse off. Make that buying your own stock to make more money ILLEGAL, like it once was. : (