Home | About | Donate

The US Charging Julian Assange Could Put Press Freedom on Trial

The US Charging Julian Assange Could Put Press Freedom on Trial

Andy Greenberg

Julian Assange has made himself a difficult figure to love. The organization he created, WikiLeaks, has spilled secrets that infuriate the right and, more recently, the left side of the political aisle. He burns all bridges, alienates friends, and sees enemies everywhere. Mounting evidence suggests he even allowed his organization to serve as a leak-laundering service for Kremlin hackers seeking to swing a US election.

"Mounting evidence?!" What the hell are you talking about? I've seen no reason to not to assume that the whole thing is as fraudulent as Saddam's WMDs - though in the latter case they at least showed enough respect for the public to present alleged evidence.

And if the Russians wanted to tar Hilary's image, they would have hacked her emails, not the DNC. All the DNC hacks did was to prove to Bernie supporters that they were right about being cheated. Bernie supporters already hated Hillary, for multiple good reasons. It's like giving Jew damning evidence on Hitler. The whole story is imbecilic on its face.

Reporters in this country have been gone to jail for not revealing sources so I don't see this charge against Assange as the end of the free press in the US. Ultimately the First Amendment will not protect journalists against an administration intending to crush criticism of it. The people have to defend the free press if it is to survive against such an attack. But a major problem on the left is that many people do not believe there is a free press in the US. So before a free press can be defended the question of whether or not there is free press has be sorted out. In my view the US does have a free press. I see a variety of viewpoints being expressed in the mainstream media. There is room for improvement but it does seem to function.

Well, Main Stream Media, now you can prepare to become True Subservient Whores to the Government in addition to being the Judases of the American People.

Are to 30 pieces of silver in your pocket worth the betrayal of your fellow Americans?

If you need a piece of rope, just ask.

DN! interview with Glenn Greenwald this morning

"The organization he created, WikiLeaks, has spilled secrets that infuriate the right and, more recently, the left side of the political aisle. "

Unfortunately or fortunately, the quest for the truth knows no bounds. Do we kill the messenger if we don't like the truths he reveals?

Direct Democracy

" Could put press freedom on trial?

Please! The MSM press is only free to be fawning, parasites for the war mongering, deep state. They have been surreptitiously, covertly and economically on trial for at least the last 100 years. If nothing else, Wikileaks exposing that truth, has proved my point and that is what really infuriates the economic, media, elite.