Home | About | Donate

The US Has a Duty to the ‘Tempest-Tost’ Syrians

The US Has a Duty to the ‘Tempest-Tost’ Syrians

Marjorie Cohn

Many of us are familiar with the Emma Lazarus poem on a plaque at the base of the Statue of Liberty:

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

Thank you, Marjorie Cohn, for calling these poor human souls "refugees," which is what they are, and not "migrants," which has been the MSM's preferred lie. On the other hand, however, Cohn writes that "the U.S. government played a significant role in destabilizing the Middle East," which is a bit of an understatement. The destabilization is the intended goal, and it is the policy. Therefore the U.S. government is the prime cause of the destabilization, as the facts later presented by Cohn bear out: Bush's illegal destruction of Iraq, Obama's arming of the Syrian rebels, and so on. Let's call a spade a spade.

Tracing the documents from Oded Yinon through Brzezinski's "The Grand Chessboard" (1997) on through the now hard to find documents of PNAC (Project for a New American Century) there is no cause for surprise at the developments in the Middle East. Disgust, yes; surprise, no. The prehistory of destabilization has been thoroughly documented.

"Send these, the homeless, the tempest- tost to me" and we'll slaughter the indigenous peoples from sea to shining sea. Alas.

Your post is anti-Semitic and Ms. Cohn is probably not Jewish since the Jewish spelling is "Cohen." I tried to flag your post but the same creeps who have played I.T. games with my computer have managed to block me from doing so.

BTW: Since bigots tend to be borderline illiterate, your lack of spelling savvy is proof positive of your education level. The term Jewish is capitalized and handywork is spelled: handiwork.

If any conservatives are listening, bomb buh buh bomb buh bomb buh bomb bomb is not working,