Home | About | Donate

The Uses of a Well-Regulated Militia by an Unregulated President

The Uses of a Well-Regulated Militia by an Unregulated President

Rebecca Gordon

A young friend is seriously considering joining her state’s National Guard. She’s a world-class athlete, but also a working-class woman from a rural background competing in a rich person’s sport. Between seasons, she works for a local farm and auctioneer to put together the money for equipment and travel.

Oh, words . . . sigh

A few snippets:

A twist of some of the article’s text - _Christian, my Ass!

Global battle space … weapons that can reach the heart of America (don’t get me started on this one) with little or no warning … increased threat of weapons of mass destruction … attack on the United States.

Ummm, that little item, climate change/global warming … might be a threat, ya know. What’s your plan on that threat, Skippy?

Thanks for some useful background on the Guard. I’m appalled to learn of the program to lure in athletes.let’s hope your friend can resist.

I remember basic training at Ft. Campbell in 1969. We would fall out for chow all at one time. The drill instructors would holler out: Line up, NG’s and ER’s, RA’s. Draftees ate last.

Natl. Guard, Enlisted Reserves, and Regular Army.

Crush the people with poverty and little hope of any sort of finanical security for their futures and then offer up “military service” as an alternative. This “Military service” helping to obtain markets and resources for the 1 percent of the Investor class that have a vested interest in keeping the people in poverty.

This akin to offering up your wrists to be chained , your back to be flogged in return for a belly full of food. Yes people get desperate enough and will do so but those that volunteer just become the muscle for the very people that act to keep those “Volunteers” impoverished.

It ends with the veteran sleeping under some bridge likely after having killed a half dozen and more poor people in some foreign country that never done anyone any harm and a “Thank you for your service” while some fat cat cashes in another 20 million of Stock options in Lockheed Martin.

I suppose the murder of 4 unarmed students at Kent State was considered “securing the homeland”. What a load of crap!