Home | About | Donate

The Vivid Dangers of Our Indifference to a Hellish World

The Vivid Dangers of Our Indifference to a Hellish World

Tamara Pearson

Perhaps we need to talk about what feels like obligatory apathy.

Tamara, Thanks for this excellent article. Thorough analysis, righteous passion, superb suggestions!

No lack of caring is ever without consequence

No act of conscience is ever in vain

What if ignoring the world’s problems was the most morally fucked thing a person could do?

It is. Yet keep in mind that people are somewhere between a herd and a pack animal and multi generation governmental systems of manipulation are utilized on each newly born generation. Those who like the president and the people he has hired who steal from government, war on weaker nations and kidnap young children at the border are so perverted that most people do not suspect such vile creeps even exist. It doesn’t enter their mind to see through people like the president to find Gollum self inflicted with insatiable want.

Meet a character named Tamara in chapter two. She’s among several people who get involved by chance.

http://www.zerowastenews.org/Many-rivers/manyRivers-ch1.html

The masses are socially programmed worker/debt slaves who are willing sheep to the slaughter. So much so that if you try to save them from their fate, they will lash out at you and blame you for their troubles. The more people I talk to, the lonelier I feel. Well at least I have my dog…

More of us must step up and care. The time is now! I know this! I am not afraid. I care. I don’t care what they will do to me because it is better to die for what you believe in than to sit around and live without ever having cared for or done anything important. I’m sixty years old. I have chronic pain. The government is taking away the only medicine that helps me, my opioid medication, that I have always used responsibly. There are millions more like me who are also suffering. I can at least do what I can to fight back, some others can’t. I am going to keep fighting this, and other injustices as long as I can and I don’t care if they kill me for fighting back because .I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I’m not just going to sit here and wait to die. The time to fight is now! I have finally found my life now that I can clearly see all of the terrible injustice. Injustice affects everyone, not just those who are directly affected, but the rest of us also because every injustice makes it easier for us to suffer injustice. The only way to stop this is to care and fight back. Otherwise, it is just too depressing. Those of us who care are precious. We must never underestimate what we can do. It’s time to get busy now. It’s now or never. I’m not afraid. I am exhilarated! I’ve found my life’s true purpose! Please come and join me it can be glorious!

What we are seeing in the Trump administration is the danger of government by ideology. This is the fulfillment of the scribbling of Barry Goldwater in his ghost written “Conscience of a Conservative” or the mental meanderings of Ronald Reagan, the perfect piece of political silly putty who would suavely deliver whatever words were put in his mouth. Well, they got their wishes! A witless robot in the White House, clown posse majorities running the Senate and House and ideologically-correct and morally corrupt officials running the administrative agencies.
Now progressives are licking their chops at the prospect of the 2018 elections. Record number of politically energized and new to politics candidates (mostly women!) and record numbers of youth are being registered to vote. Their aim mostly is to replace these loonies currently running things. They have their laundry list of what must be done and just give them the congress and senate and later the White House, and watch them fix everything!
If this doesn’t sound familiar, then you haven’t been paying attention and been asleep through the last sixty years of history. Or, they will lose and the #resist and “Not My President or Congress” signs will proliferate. Either way this country is headed for a Civil War that will make the horror of 1860-65 look tame.

What we need is a 21st Abraham Lincoln, who after he “won” the civil war in his second inaugural said the following:
" On the occasion corresponding to this four years ago all thoughts were anxiously directed to an impending civil war. All dreaded it, all sought to avert it. While the inaugural address was being delivered from this place, devoted altogether to saving the Union without war, insurgent agents were in the city seeking to destroy it without war—seeking to dissolve the Union and divide effects by negotiation. Both parties deprecated war, but one of them would make war rather than let the nation survive, and the other would accept war rather than let it perish, and the war came…"
and concluded his inaugural:
" With malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation’s wounds; to care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan–to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace, among ourselves, and with all nations."
(apologies to any offended by Lincoln’s use of the “G word”)

Where is that magnanimity of spirit in any political leader, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, or ideological commitment today?

Dan–
Harry Truman once said, “if you want a friend in this town (DC) then you need to get a dog”.

Your looking at the cultural story of humanity playing out to its logical conclusions !

Survival of the fittest ,we are all seperate individuals, not enough of what we need to go around. These story’s myths have been passed down for millenia through the generations . These are fallacies .The culture from which we emerge is causing the demise of the culture .

Time for a new cultural story based on truth and a new thoughts about what it means to be human . It’s time for conscious evolution .

Time to ,Awaken The Species …this book gives us 16 main differences between a primitive culture such as ours and a Highly Evolved Culture …
We really are the toddlers of the universe but there is always hope it’s time for repair not despair .

Humanity’s Team

To BleedingheartPookie,

I feel profoundly sorry to hear that you are suffering chronic pain and the painful injustice of the government taking away your anti-pain medicine. I can imagine from my generally similar experience with the government what you are going through. Your courage and determination to fight back for justice for yourself and others is truly inspiring. Just please pace yourself, exert within your limits, rest when you need to, and don’t make yourself sicker from the stress of fighting the good fight. I hope you win!

Your words are so heartfelt and inspiring, I’m going to print them out, post them on my wall, and read them regularly. I’ve fought the good fight before – for many years – and I will do so again. So your words here are now one of my inspirations to act for justice, for all of us. Take good care of yourself!

Yes, but this author herself has indifference to the hellish world our species is creating for all the other species.
When you only think of how bad things are for other humans, and never mention that our species is a mass extinction event killing the entire biosphere, you lose moral credibility.
If you want to see a hellish existence, imagine what it’s like for all the non-human species that our species abuses and kills.
12 BILLION animals per year are tortured and slaughtered in the United States to feed non-vegans.
Countless others are tortured and killed in vivisection and for other uses.
Our species has erased most true wilderness and is extinguishing the life of the oceans and the breathability of the air.
But Tamara and so many others are indifferent to that, caring only about human suffering.
It’s called speciesism, and it’s the worst ism of all!