Home | About | Donate

The Voices of Amazon Women and a Visionary Declaration to Protect Indigenous Lands

The Voices of Amazon Women and a Visionary Declaration to Protect Indigenous Lands

Osprey Orielle Lake

As we face the daunting reality of the climate crisis unraveling all around us, including the recent Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) report, which warns that we only have a dozen years remaining to radically change our current trajectory to prevent disastrous ecological and social harms, there is a shimmer of light and hope radiating out from the heart of the Ecuadorian Amazon sparked by the Kichwa People of Sarayaku

1 Like

I see the pictures of all these Women and fear for their lives given the reality that is Bolsanaro in Brazil. That thug knows full well that in order to get to work ruining those lands, he has to get rid of the people protecting it first.

3 Likes

He breaths air like we all do,cut down the lungs of the planet end of his life period.

2 Likes

Hi SuspiradeProfundis:
The awful man in Brazil is bad enough, but in the Ecuadorian Amazon, that nation’s president only listens to what America wants. As we know from past history in all of South America, human lives are valued as nothing----corporations are all-------As Ecuador so easily sells out Assange, I too worry about the lives of indigenous women. : (

4 Likes

Contamination in all aspects of our lives, is what no political representation has given us.

For decades.

This world is lost if We the People do not reject those who lie and say they know what’s best for us.

I personally never understood how 536 elected public servants, or so they’re called can even come close to knowing what’s best for 330,000,000 people.

Only a complete revamp of what passes for an elected government, with severe penalties for straying from laws and regulations developed to insure nothing but equality and representation for every citizen, would suffice.

Never again, can any political figure see themselves above even a single law, let alone dozens, and remain in their position.

Never again, can any political figure use their position to affect another’s right to place a vote.

Never again, must be the political party’s slogan that comes to really represent the working classes.

Never again, must be the last thing we say to those who lie and cheat and refuse to play by our laws, as we close the cell door behind them.

For a very, very long time.

3 Likes

PonyBoy The trouble is that the majority don’t even know that there is a problem and most of those don’t even vote any way. Leaves the rest just watching “Who wants to be a Millionaire.”

3 Likes

Corporations do not need air to breath or pure fresh water to drink and can live forever !

End corporate personhood ,give nature natural rights and see Life as Prime Value.

2 Likes

Hi Hemp: Oh I like that! Giving Natural Rights to Nature, because after all corporations only create scandals and paper dollars----try to eat, breathe or drink that, : )