Home | About | Donate

The War on Planned Parenthood

The War on Planned Parenthood

Katrina vanden Heuvel

For a likely future speaker of the House, Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) isn’t much of a speaker. “Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right?” he boasted to Sean Hannity on Fox News last week. “But we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping. Why? Because she’s untrustable.

Katrina vanden Heuvel, I'm wondering how Single Payer would affect Planned Parenthood? I couldn't find definitive evidence that Elizabeth Warren supports Single Payer, though Bernie Sanders does, and both seem to support Planned Parenthood. It seems like a great solution; would it require further funding as well?

If US single-payer followed the Canadian model private providers would provide medical services. Planned Parenthood would be one of the many private providers.

Seeing how Christian extremist crusaders are a big part of the GOP's base, single-payer would not slow the GOP's war against women and war against Planned Parenthood.

I'm not a fan of any Republican. I have no interest in supporting McCarthy. I am very supportive of Planned Parenthood.

Okay, now I can say something and I can say it in context of what I support and don't.

McCarthy did NOT say the GOP did the investigation to make HRC untrustworthy, much less that they only did the investigation to achieve that end. He just didn't say that. He simply said that their investigation of her resulted in people realizing she's untrustworthy.

Heres the logic.

A causes B
B causes C

That does not mean A caused B in order to cause C and that's the only reason they caused B.

Oh well. Now I've said this and can get back to commenting on things I think are more important.

Conservatives only care about you before you're born and when you reach military age.