Home | About | Donate

The War Over Words: Republicans Easily Defeat the Democrats

The War Over Words: Republicans Easily Defeat the Democrats

Ralph Nader

The Republican Party lost ground in the Congressional and state elections earlier this month, but they continue to triumph in the all-important contests over words.

4 Likes

Ralph gets it! But until the dems. are exposed for their more effective evil, con game and replaced, nothing will change. The Democratic Party, elite love to use the progressives like Bernie, O.C. and others because it eliminates any meaningful change and thereby; destroys any third party challenge to their political power.

14 Likes

If it smells like neo-feudalism, walks like neo-feudalism, talks like good-ole-boy feudalism, then chances are its not democracy - but 21st century kleptocracy.

Yuppers, feudalism has survived to the present day because its bludgeion, whether hot air or weaponized steel, is actuall a null set. That is, all that it describes is constructed of negations strung together whether to make nets or nooses.

6 Likes

The d-party isn’t going to change its messaging.

Not as long as liberal cowards perceive them as the only game in town and continue to throw money at them.

6 Likes

According to Nader’s definition of progressive Bernie Sanders is not a progressive. Perhaps no one in Congress is when it comes to foreign policy based on his definition. You can’t blame liberals for being timid about using the term considering how it has been a target for the right wing for decades. Even if every Democrat calls themselves a progressive the right wing is still going to bash liberals. It makes sense for liberals to use the term progressive regardless of the definition if the right wing ignores that term. So somehow the term progressive is a safe haven in the word battle being the right and left.

1 Like

Oh for crying out aloud.
Can you not turn the terminology on its head?
IT IS a DEATH TAX - It is literally killing hundreds of ordinary citizens, and it is killing our democracy.
Can no one say it is the estate tax?

The problem is this - the media is the servant to the oligarchs and will not give up its multi million dollar salaries.
The echo chamber amplifies what suits their puppet masters.
It does not matter what the rest of society wants.

The majority of the people are only now turning to the internet for their news.
Most over fifty still feed off the Fox/CBS/NBC tit.

Education is the problem, and media monopoly is the problem.
Superior wordsmiths can be found in high school

2 Likes

Someone gets it… I’ve been saying the same thing for years and its like it just falls on deaf ears. The conservatives have always been on the wrong side of history. Call them out on it! How hard can that be?

4 Likes

The dimrats in office now- with the exception of people like Bernie have no interest in working for the people, by the people etc. Ten to one- the corrupt ones will tell the freshmen that they too need to bow down to Wall Street.

We call them out, but the majority of dems tell us that they want to “work together.” Huh??? Work together with peverts, war mongers, thieves, liars, criminals etc., ( after all they want their guns at any cost). That’s like saying that you’re new best buddy is also a criminal but never mind- we are together.

5 Likes

Thank you Ralph. I’ve always agreed and hoped this story would come out.

Money-power concentration produces conservatives and neoliberals (former liberals who got rich and became conservatives). They can afford wordsmiths like Luntz who corrupt meanings. Poorer liberals being humanists, don’t usually resort to dirty tactics. Unlike cons, liberals are not driven by fear of death and know money won’t prevent it.

http://www.sulloway.org/PoliticalConservatism(2003).pdf

More words that cry out for further discussion:

1 Like

Well, I am well over 50 and I watch PBS, C Span, Dw, BBC, and , some news from Asia, etc.

1 Like

If liberals or progressives are that timid, they do not deserve to be in office. Wish real leaders like King, or even Susan B Anthony were alive.

4 Likes

the Phacist broadcasting System , Big Brother Communications ?
C span is good during direct broadcasts.

1 Like

Big difference between the neoliberal corporate coward and a true defender of planet Earth- most of the neoliberals are just interested in collecting their paychecks, not attending town hall meetings, and rescuing Wall Street.

2 Likes

The dimorats are real cowards with no message. Sure, they fall back on the old health care paradigm- but do they really want Medicare for all with the insurance companies out of the loop? Nope. Of course not even though it’s been proven that Med for All would save at least seven hundred billion per year on medical costs in the US.

2 Likes

Even the elders are fed up. Not only with the phony content, but with being the sacrificial cow that pays the bills for all of the highly paid help and bosses.
Being led along was one thing. But then having to suffer through their advertising which began to equal the air time to the news program itself became too much. But the nail in the coffin was when the stations ganged up on the viewers and began to run their commercials at the same time so that no one could escape them. Such deviousness won’t be tolerated. I simply mute the sound at that point and do something else.

3 Likes

Yes it is- I lie some of the call ins also during the Washington Journal. Some of the callers can get really down and dirty. I don’t “mind” PBS I suppose compared to some of the other channels funded by the oligarchs.

Me too - yes a half hour broadcast at night with sound bits and more attention being paid to advertisers is unacceptable. Also, having to pay a satellite or cable company for service is also. I remember when one could just turn on the TV and get a signal.

Lip service around election time and then crickets…

1 Like

At least where I live I still can.(watch free TV on an antenna) I pay for several steaming services and read the news on the net.