Home | About | Donate

The Warnings of a New World War

The Warnings of a New World War

Gilbert Doctorow

In an interview with the Bild newspaper on Oct. 8, German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier, who is known for his cautious rhetoric, described the present international situation in the following woeful terms: “unfortunately it is an illusion to believe this is the old Cold War. The new times are different; they are more dangerous. Previously, the world was divided, but Moscow and Washington knew each other’s red lines and respected them.

World War III is already being fought.
Relations with Russia haven't been as bad as they are now since 1973.
Aleppo should be under Syrian control within weeks as Syria pushes the "terrorists to Turkey to go back to where they came from, or to kill them," Assad said yesterday.
So much for the Hillary-Obama plan to conquer Syria. That battle is lost.
The battles for who controls Libya, Yemen, Iraq, Afghanistan and other areas will be determined as WWIII rages on.

The fact that it is commonplace to hear Americans refer to Putin as "that Communist" speaks volumes.

" The U.S. has been creating the Russia it fears."
And once the fear mongers get HRC elected their creation will be complete. Hilliary says she wants to establish " no fly zones" in Syria..WHY! The only scenario I can come up with is that these "no fly zones" are designed to start a hot war; a third world war with Russia.

Without meaning to diminish the import of Trump's misogyny and Clinton's lack of trustworthiness, this is the real issue of the day - and goes virtually unreported. In a sane, even slightly less propagandized country it would be front and center. Both World War III and irreversible destruction from climate change are imminent, unaddressed dangers.

Instead of "creating the Russia we fear" the neoliberals running 'Merica have created the Russia they WANT and need to distract our citizenry from the issues of wealth inequality, social welfare programs, etc. that would benefit from the obscene amounts of money now devoted to enriching the elites through the military-industrial complex that dominates the world. We have been deprived of the leadership that could/would have shifted our society towards sanity when the Democratic Presidential primary was stole from Bernie Sanders. There is no way that the rulers of the world will allow this type of leadership to be installed, they would be forced to share some of their trillions of dollars (or whatever currency is in vogue to measure this obscene greed) with the poor folks who do their bidding. Orwellian doesn't even begin to describe our current environment.

I'll repeat myself - Hillary Clinton is 'batshit crazy'.

Since the US military is obviously completely aware of both the substance and ramifications of the information put forth in this article, assuming it is factual, the only conclusion I can see is that the US is preparing for war with Russia.

Like the 'stranded assets of the belligerent fossil fuel industry', the belligerent Military Industrial Complex is 'maintaining an even strain', even as they implode before our very eyes.

This is indeed the Anthropocene at full gallop - existential threats abound - the inevitability of it all dumbfounds.

Obama gave his "red line" speech on August 26, 2013. He was trapped like a rat with no way out but war. As a matter of fact Obama had already lined France up to assist in the bombing of Assad.
Fortunately for Obama the Russian's pulled his chestnuts out of the fire by making a deal with Assad to get rid of all of their chemical weapons.
That was announced on September 9, 2013.
On September 14, 2013 the Framework for the Elimination of Chemical Weapons from Syria was signed by the US, Russia and Syria.
On October 1, 2013 Assad's chemical weapons began to be destroyed.
Your understanding of what happened and when is a little fuzzy, my friend.
Obama is a dumbass.

The US is losing it's hegemony across the world. The deals Russia and China have made are really pissing them off. Their plan to break up the Shi'ite crescent is going awry and Bibi is probably freaking out.
The proxy war in Syria is over a pipeline that the US wants in eastern Syria which includes Aleppo. They want to partition Syria with a Sunni state in eastern Syria. Assad said no to Qatar's offer for it so he must go.
Neocons with illusions of world domination, are infantile in the extreme. They just assume the world will go along with it. The TPP and other trade agreements are meant to interfere with the Silk Road development and trade deals.
Hillary is crazed and will no doubt make this a hot war. I pray this woman never reaches the WH.
Please, everyone vote for Jill Stein. Fox news says she's polling at 12% so it may actually be even higher. You won't see it on MSM but we can make it happen for Jill.

Russia also has a Military Industrial Intelligence Complex all ready to cash in on wars like ours does.

I reject that notion out of hand.

Until you stop calling me a racist, a hater and the rest of the pejoratives in your repertoire it will continue to be difficult for either of us to understand the other.

hitlery has not got the troops or materials to win syria turkey persia.
stop the nonsense get pence in after trump is removed, but u cannot allow wwiii hillery to do sumpn stupidin the me to the silkroad arena.

Russia is a capitalist country.

Why is none of this in the MSM? Oh that's right. The elites can spare the unwashed masses. They just need enough of us to carry on doing the work they won't do which is any work at all. Now for my second question. Rather than having a nuclear war that will not only kill most American, Russian, well how about life on the planet period as well, most of each being truly kind and decent people that simply wish to see the human race advance peacefully and in cooperation with one another, why doesn't the Russian government go after our ruling elites and rid the world of these parasites? They aren't sane because they will be committing suicide as well because nuclear winter will prolong this episode long after the nuclear bursts take place and they won't have any food nor will they be able to produce any. Heck, they can't even tie their own shoes alone without help. One or two small nukes maybe to get rid of all the neoconservative nuts in the Pentagon and Capitol but do as we claim to do and use surgical strikes to get rid of the multi billionaires and millionaires that want war in the first place?

It's about even less than BRICS. It's about pipeline access across Syria.

The end of WWIII will certainly be the "war to end all wars" because there will be no humans left to fight another war.

I am in awe of your civil response.

Excellent post Don and right on. This is all part of PNACs plans to build NG and oil pipelines from Saudi Arabia to the Persian Gulf so as to supply the EU with energy and cut Russia out of the picture. The problem arises because Assad and Kahmeni have refused to allow them to cross Syria and Iran in order to cut off their Allie Russia from the EU energy market. Further, both countries refuse to deal in the petro dollar which means they must have new governments that will fall in line with the US empire. This has been a part of PNAC since the Clinton I regime.

Because MSM is part of the ramp up. Think it's a coincidence that we keep hearing about children and babies harmed by Assad and Russia bombing innocent civilians? Or that the Wikileaks revelations are met with cries of Russian interference in elections?

No.

MSM is the propaganda arm of the push to war. They want us crying for the heads of Putin and Assad before the next President takes office - and it's obvious they want the warmongress as the next President.

But some stuff does make it through.

More reasons to worry about U.S./Russian relations:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/cia-prepping-possible-cyber-strike-against-russia-n666636

"The Obama administration is contemplating an unprecedented cyber covert action against Russia in retaliation for alleged Russian interference in the American presidential election, U.S. intelligence officials told NBC News.

Current and former officials with direct knowledge of the situation say the CIA has been asked to deliver options to the White House for a wide-ranging "clandestine" cyber operation designed to harass and "embarrass" the Kremlin leadership.

The sources did not elaborate on the exact measures the CIA was considering, but said the agency had already begun opening cyber doors, selecting targets and making other preparations for an operation. Former intelligence officers told NBC News that the agency had gathered reams of documents that could expose unsavory tactics by Russian President Vladimir Putin."