Home | About | Donate

The 'Washington Post' 'Blacklist' Story Is Shameful and Disgusting

The 'Washington Post' 'Blacklist' Story Is Shameful and Disgusting

Matt Taibbi

Last week, a technology reporter for the Washington Post named Craig Timberg ran an incredible story. It has no analog that I can think of in modern times.

Fabulous and well deserved take down, but exercise caution - you spent some time in Russia, and next thing you know they will be denouncing you, lol.

Even during the primaries I started to notice a whiff of McCarthyism going on, but I never thought it would get this far.

If WaPo really wants to get to the bottom of what happened, maybe the organization should have a look in the mirror.

Thank you Matt. WaPo and their like are not a place to go for real news. It is most likely that, that allows them the temerity to write such criticisms, it's the height of hypocrisy and casting. It is also an ominous sign of the effort afoot to do away with alternative news. When our news goes we are in a very dangerous place.

Matt should be careful in his selective use of the term "conspiracy".

You can not on one hand denounce those that "believe" in conspiracies while at the same time revealing one you are privy to.

The definition of conspiracy is a group forming secretively to commit an illegal act or to discredit or defame another group. These new articles about news sites as a tool of Russian Propoganda promoted by a group that will not give the names of its members is by definition a conspiracy.

Revealing conspiracies is neither left wing or right wing. They are revealing a truth or they are not.

This story is ten times bigger than Matt Taibbi presented. If he read "What to Do About 'Fake News' (11/18/2016) by Consortiumnews (Robert Parry) and noticed the following quote, would he then think (and write that) the President was "Shameful and Disgusting" as well?
On Thursday, an impassioned President Obama voiced his annoyance with “fake news” twice in his joint news conference in Berlin with German Chancellor Angela Merkel — “because in an age where there’s so much active misinformation and it’s packaged very well and it looks the same when you see it on a Facebook page or you turn on your television. … If everything seems to be the same and no distinctions are made, then we won’t know what to protect.”

The NYT even did this before the WaPo. "Fake News" is the new WMD accusation (tool) -- gearing up to be used, exponentially, as (a weapon) in a worldwide campaign. And, Mr. Taibbi has missed this reality. Or maybe he just wants to maintain a MsM status -- at least at some level?

I would also use the press conference of John Kirby as an example where he was dismissive of questions by a reporter for RT because she was representing what he suggested was an illegitimate news organization. He expanded on that by claiming the rest of the Journalists in the room were ok.

This just further evidence there no "independent" news media because none of this happens independently of the other. It a concerted effort.

Please update there is more accurate information, but my understanding is that Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos is the sole owner of that paper.

For further reading regarding how this was already being set up long beforehand: NYT Advocates Internet Censorship: "But the Times and other mainstream news outlets – along with some favored Internet sites – now sit on a Google-financed entity called the First Draft Coalition, which presents itself as a kind of Ministry of Truth that will decide which stories are true and which are 'fake.'"
And remember this from Karl Rove, for it wholly relates: "The aide said that guys like me were 'in what we call the reality-based community,' which he defined as people who "believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality.' ... "That's not the way the world really works anymore," he continued. "We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors…and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do."

Karl Rove- Now there is A piece of work...
Sounds like something out of the mouth of Rumsfeld- "There are known knowns, and unknown knowns, and then there are"....

There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles
And piles
Of trials
With smiles.
It riles them to believe
that you perceive
the web they weave
And keep on thinking free.
Moody Blues-

Wapo just like the NYT has become a tabloid rag with no real journalistic skills left. ABC, CBS, NBC, etc. are no better. CNN might be the worst of them all. MSM sold their souls decades ago but really went under during Bush 2. Look what occurred with Maddow in a short time--a total brainwashed sellout. All of the mouth pieces, all those celebrity news "readers" (hosts) are about the money, not facts. They are all propagandists for the State.

It's been going on for years:

Hard to disagree, but I credit Maddow w/exposing the depths of the cruelty delivered to the residents of Flint.

Also the 1970's Church Commission Report....
Chastises and documents somewhat the CIA role in universities, corporations, media etc....a "must read" (I hate that expression but it fits here) for anyone wanting to travel the road of understanding how our country works under the influence of the Deep State principally since the creation of the CIA in the late 1940's.

You can't get a little bit pregnant. This...Censorship...was always going to be the outcome of PC! Political Correctitude..IS the "Slippery Slope". The end result of "Moderation"..ANONYMOUS censors, removing the voice and opinion of others..could only....only...end in this manner; Rabid, Controlling, Hostile Censorship. What did the "Left" think was going to happen as people got a taste of literally informing on others regarding their 'posts'? What did the Left think would be the outcome of "blacklisting" certain people because of their opinion or the way they expressed themselves? It could ONLY become what it is now...plainly and irrefutably...becoming.

Sadly Matt Taibbi cannot simply discuss the reality of Censorship and the fact that this is is and was ALWAYS the final destination for "PC"...without engaging in the same tired rationalizations. I'm a Democrat and a genuine Old School Liberal (read: NON-Conformist, civil liberties is my religion) and yet to see the never ending use of ...or rather MIS-use of 'Conspiracy' and other tropes to sort of ..somehow..mitigate the reality of New Left Hate and overt Authoritarianism..its ...sad..and..silly. Censorship, for the better part of 20 years..has been the Exclusive enclave of the New Left. From Huffington post nightmare 'give us a name' "policies" to the 'tone down the rhetoric' insanity of Obama and more recently Obama's "Public-Private Sector Partnership" Censorship MOVEMENT that began in earnest during the campaign, and essentially 'coining' the trope of 'Fake News' and advocating a kind of 'federal-corporate moderation of all media' nightmare 'solution'.

This is the New Left's 'Final Solution' to 'The Freedom Of Expression Problem'. The New Left is absolutely capable of burning books. Absolutely capable of some sort of nightmare Coercion + Control scheme to literally "Force" others to obey some kind of censorship "policy".

Here's a "Test": I call it the "African American Comic Genius Work Title Test". See if even this site will allow...'allow'..you to list Comic Genius Richard Pryor's albums BY TITLE. Go for it. See what happens.

In my use of this test..NO "liberal" site would allow it. I stopped posting and was effectively censored for years (back now because in wake of T-Rump venting is necessary for mental health and this ONE site seems pretty good so far) Huffington post was the worst and I was banned for simply listing Album names, after being 'reported' of course. Questions: IF you actually believe in 'diversity' than shouldn't an African American artist have the Right to title their work as they see fit? And should we then be able to discuss it without using a 'blank' in place of the works title? And of course should real 'diversity' require real freedom of expression?

PC is the root of this entire issue and more, it is the root,the foundation of the...Mindset...that has made this newest nightmare even possible, No 'progress' can be made until PC is acknowledged by the New Left as the vicious evil that it truly is.

EDIT: Have to add that the particular Richard Pryor album that you will not be allowed to name, is in my opinion and many others, quite literally, the greatest recorded stand-up comic work thus far produced by the Human Race. Period. a work of ...still...unparalleled..genius. I listened to this album as a child over and over again, its perfect. It was also listed BY TITLE on the Billboard Top 100 (it was #1) in the grand old 1970's..before New Left censorship made such a thing literally impossible. In other words..Richard Pryor COULD NOT, today, title HIS work as he wished. That...is "PC". That...is censorship!