Home | About | Donate

The World Is Burning, but the Political Press Insists on its Horserace

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/10/29/world-burning-political-press-insists-its-horserace

3 Likes

Journalists have abdicated their journalistic duty; the msm corporations are propaganda firms; the People are on their own, for all intents & purposes.

7 Likes

Most journalists have been replaced by content producers, with the subject content being mostly funded propaganda.

7 Likes

It is not just Trump – look at Inhoffe and company – correctly labeled by Chomsky as “the most dangerous men in the world”. When it comes to global warming and protecting nature, the GOP is the GAME OVER PARTY

4 Likes

How about this: TURN OFF THE DAMNED CORPORATE MEDIA AND SEARCH ONLINE FOR INDEPENDENT “INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISTS”!!!

3 Likes

…and the other “team” ain’t much better!
Wouldn’t it be nice if issues suddenly became more important than “TEAM” or GENDER or “CHARISMA”?!

1 Like

See my post below>>>>

1 Like

Your heading was great! I could of not read the article as I agree totally with you.

Media is a major part of the problems, like Les Moon at CBS (i think that was his name) said “Trump may not be good for America but he is good for our bottom line”. Media are whores for the major corporations and their advertising $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

FCC need to be eliminated of repulicons and any blue dog dems.

2 Likes

HERE is a perfect example:

~https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr9Ykj0pcQs

Typhoid Trump has no plans for the next four years??? Why are Republicans always allowed to do this--------Warren was pounded by the media for every detail on her healthcare plan??? Trump promised a healthcare plan in two weeks 4 yrs ago. What is Trumps plan on anything???

They are being paid off to focus on the division, and hide things like the trade deal that’s intended to steal America and earth from our peoples.

And keep the filthy rich on top even in a future where they wont deserve it. Work will have no connection to income.

1 Like

Just a friendly reminder: The expression “could of” does not exist in English. There is simply no instance in English where the word “could” is followed by “of.”

“Would of,” likewise, does not exist. Nor does “should of.”

“Could of,” “would of,” and “should of” are orthographic disfigurations of the contractions could’ve, would’ve, and should’ve. Could’ve, would’ve, and should’ve are past modal auxiliaries. We use them to express past possibility, past willingness, and past obligation. The non-contracted forms of these modal auxiliaries are could have, would have, and should have.

1 Like

Why is it, that Americans always equate events happening in the U.S. as a WORLD event, which clearly, they are not. One could be excused for thinking the U.S. IS the World, when reading junk like this. Therefore I must point out to the authors of this article, the U.S may be burning, but the WORLD outside the U.S. borders is not. Nor does that World outside those borders equate as U.S. territory. I know the latter will probably come as surprise to some Americans.

1 Like

Then this happens: “The New York Times, Bloomberg, and, as of this month, The Atlantic, Der Spiegel, and El Pais, have launched impressive new brands and climate sections,”
translated into Queens Gambit, (awesome btw) pawn takes queen. Capitalism wins again.