Home | About | Donate

The Wounds of War

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/09/30/wounds-war

1 Like

Death from above.

What a cowardly way to slaughter humans.

1 Like

Another account of a military atrocity in Afghanistan that is benignly termed friendly fire and collateral damage.

This seeming war crime will not be prosecuted. Instead, the military will award itself medals for this continued destruction of a crossroads nation.

The drone bombing of an oil field elicits global outrage, and this drone bombing of a camp of field workers, nothing.

These recent deaths and wounded innocents are only the tip of the iceberg. How many innocent lives have been taken and how many innocent people permanently maimed as a result of our troops being there and in every other country throughout the Middle East, engaged in this “war on terror” for these past 18 years? Hundreds of thousands is a very conservative estimate. Some reports have estimated the toll to be upwards of 2 million. I get so angry I could spit nails whenever I hear someone complain about the loss of lives of American soldiers but they never say a word about the innocent people our soldiers have killed. Those soldiers VOLUNTEERED to kill for the American war machine and I have not an ounce of pity or respect for them. It has been common knowledge, even when Bush was still President, that we were intentionally lied into this war on terror and anybody who is thinking about joining should have done some basic homework, enough to know that there is no justification for this stupid, insane, counterproductive, evil war. When the innocent people killed outnumber the known enemies killed by a margin of 10 to 1, 20 to 1, and even more, that is not “collateral damage.” That is genocide.

There is no terrorist organization on the planet that has inflicted more terror, suffering, and death on people than the United States military and our imperialist war machine.