Home | About | Donate

Then They Came For the Drummers, Chanters, Chalk Artists, Trash Pickers, Balloon Carriers, Bike-Helmeted Moms and Naked Athena

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/further/2020/07/19/then-they-came-drummers-chanters-chalk-artists-trash-pickers-balloon-carriers

5 Likes

Thank you, protestor Athena, for at Ieast getting the goons to pause in their crazed attacks. Thank you MOMs for trying to protect those who were freeIy assembling and using their free speech rights. The cleaning up after person was wonderful too.
I suppose that we aII know now what DHS reaIIy stands for:
Demented Humanoid Shitheads!
Anything they were paid is TOO MUCH!

18 Likes

As soon as i saw the video of this brave beautiful Goddess standing down those dumbfounded goons, i thought “Abby is going to run with this.” Thanks Abby. And thanks Athena. More of this is precisely what is needed.

11 Likes

The armed brainless thugs don’t realize they are biting the hand that feeds them: THE TAXPAYER. It will be the same old story as in Nazi Germany when they are found guilty of criminal behavior. Their defense will be, “We were just following orders.” Bill Barr needs to be the first head that rolls, even before Trump. Because at least trump has a defense: he’s dumb. Barr is not. I hope millions of other Americans are as angry about this as I am. We need to show the entire GOP that the country will not tolerate this. This should spell the end of the Trump GOP. And hopefully, the party will re-invent itself and emerge with a REAL vision this time which is more humane and takes into account the welfare of the common man (not just the top 1%). Unless the GOP stops their encouragement of racism, they are toast. The country has reached a tipping point. The GOP now appears to be a dinosaur. Time for them to come into the 21st century.

5 Likes

Naked Athena, awesome, wonderful, what a Brave, and, inspired woman! She, alone, backed the fascist goons down. Her newly named self, a tribute to my favorite Goddess of ancient Greek mythology! Only this time, she was, and is, for REAL!

5 Likes

It is time for ALL women to invoke Lysistrata and refuse to have sex with men until they stop making war on everything. I know it will never happen, but one can dream.

1 Like

uh, wasn’t Athena the Greek goddess of war?

Many things but primarily Wisdom, Craft, and War.

1 Like

Abby, Abby, Abby… I haven’t laughed this hard since I watched Stephen Colbert this morning. Your wit is a healing balm, woman! Thank you!

3 Likes

I probably shouldn’t broadcast this on the internet, but I was born naked.
But hell, Athena makes my proud to admit it!

2 Likes

i was born when i was very, very young…

2 Likes

Scandalous!

1 Like

Thanks Abby for your principled voice!
Here is further video of the Portland Athena and more that evening and some delusional ranting from the orange one.

~https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adewQ9nXWF4

The ability of the dicktator trump to just order this or that unconstitutional and outrageous rot by executive fiat is obviously the threat to our republic, not 99% of the people in the streets.

1 Like