Home | About | Donate

There Already Is a Republican Plan for Pre-Existing Conditions: It’s Called Obamacare

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/10/30/there-already-republican-plan-pre-existing-conditions-its-called-obamacare

1 Like

The choice is clear, so why can’t all politicians see it. One additional point that demonstrates how the Democrat establishment under Obama has also changed their view on these choices. In 1993 a moderate Republican Senator from Rhode Island, John Chafe, first introduced the Republican ACA plan on the senate floor as a response to Hillary-Care, which was a single payer universal healthcare plan. Today the Democrat leadership are uniformly opposed to Hillary-Care. What happened since 1993. I think most of us know. If you don’t, ask anyone who sat on the DLC.

1 Like

Nobody better take away my obamacare.

• I love paying my monthly premium for the benefit of an $8000 deductible, coverage for absolutely nothing (I get to pay full price for everything, woohoo!), and the aching knowledge that if any serious illness occurs I will most likely have to file for bankruptcy.
1 Like

It’s insane, isn’t it? How do people think losing their medical care a good idea and vote for people who would kick them to the curb? It’s one of the great mysteries, IMHO. The human species is looking more and more like a failed experiment. Those who care need to step up.

Clearly, all human beings should have health care. We work; we pay taxes; I would rather more of my taxes go to my fellow citizens’ welfare than to munitions and fake security.

1 Like

Pretty well put–industry-written, negotiated by Romney, updated with fresh loopholes strewn through 2000+ pages and the IRS as a collection agency for Obama, a bitter betrayal for Republican and Democratic voters alike.

The Republicans and Dems see it differently, but the problem is the same either way. It isn’t healthcare, you’re not reliably covered because of the loopholes, and you do pay.

This will not get fixed while the electoral system is so badly broken.

1 Like