Home | About | Donate

There Is a Real National Emergency in America, It’s Just Not the Wall

There Is a Real National Emergency in America, It’s Just Not the Wall

Rajan Menon

President Donald Trump has repeatedly threatened to declare a national emergency if Congress refuses to pony up $5.7 billion to build the “great, great wall” he promised his base during the 2016 election campaign. In an apocalyptic televised address early in January, he even warned -- falsely, as fact checkers revealed during the speech -- th

1 Like

There is a great natural pain killer available right now, that is also proven to help reduce the amount taken by people addicted to pharmaceutical medications. It has no major side effects, and has never, ever, killed anyone. It’s not a cure all, but it’s a good start for lessening the addictive effects of the dangerous meds that are killing so many people.
Legalize Marijuana Nationwide Now!!

3 Likes

Marijuana can reduce pain in a modest amount. The studies that have been done (in Israel primarily) suggest pain reduction of about 50% at best. This is not enough for people who suffer severe chronic pain. For those people, narcotics are the only answer, unfortunately. Another alternative for severe pain sufferers could be voluntary euthanasia, which lots of people would opt for if it were available.

You missed my main point related to the story. In states where weed is legal, they’ve had great success weaning people addicted to Opioids and other hard drugs off with marijuana, if not off, reducing intake to manageable levels. Combining low levels of the hard drugs with marijuana has dramatically increased the hard drugs effectiveness. As strain THC% increases so does the reduction in pain %, and CBD% increases of certain strains achieves the same result. My recommendation would also open the door for full blown medical research across the country to study this and increase THC% and CBD% to help alleviate pain. For years the studies done in Israel were primarily to benefit the pharmaceutical companies, mainly GW Pharmaceutical, though there are many more now. For a number of years this company’s research tried to mimic marijuana with a synthetic version, guess they gave up on that.

2 Likes

Fair enough. I just don’t want excessive restrictions on opioids, there are many already. Doctors must feel free to treat their patients and not feel scared of being arrested for trying to help someone.
Treatment for addicts and education on how to prevent addiction should be emphasized.

“[M]ake you look better to everybody” … ?

Effective action in this area would not absolve Killer Clown of his soulless sins in so many others, would it?

A foolish way to end a salient screed.

Do You Believe,
Richard Sackler, advised pushing blame onto people who had become addicted. “We have to hammer on abusers in every way possible,” Mr. Sackler wrote in an email in 2001, when he was president of the company, Purdue Pharma. “They are the culprits and the problem. They are reckless criminals.”
Source - https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/15/health/sacklers-purdue-oxycontin-opioids.html

After all the deaths, with more to come for many years, & the past and ongoing devastation to families across the country that this drug has caused Our learned legal minds settled, on behalf of all Canadians, for 20 Million Dollars. Disgusted I opted out of receiving any $.
Law Firms make a quick buck for a clerical job, Purdue pays what amounts to a Parking Ticket and the injured receive the equivalent of a Happy Meal for Two.

I agree with your comment, but when I started using Cannabis for PTSD, my doctors refused to give me a renewal for a mild Opioid drug to treat pain from a neck resection and botched back surgery. I only take pain meds a few times in a month, but because I was using Cannabis they made me take drug screens and just generally treated me like the worst drug fiend.