Home | About | Donate

'There Should Be Shame': Watch Ocasio-Cortez Excoriate GOP Over Massive Corporate Bailouts in Coronavirus Bill

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/03/27/there-should-be-shame-watch-ocasio-cortez-excoriate-gop-over-massive-corporate

3 Likes

Sophie’s choice.

3 Likes

Give 'em hell AOC, we know the greedy bastards have given your constituency just that for far too long in myriad ways. Progressives have their work cut out with the GOP and the corporate Dems circling their wagons around the largesse of lobbying lard droppings. Past time to scatter them to the winds of a better future for the 99% and the rest of the Planet’s inhabitants.

11 Likes

The most disgusting among us (most politicians) will give these truly outrageous bailouts to corporations that have done everything they can to strangle US. I do believe it is naive to expect those same players to pass any kind of meaningful relief for US. All of a sudden, it will be too expensive. And with all that bailout on the immediate horizon, the market is falling. Guess business will be the first ones back at the trough…

10 Likes

New York Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said Republican senators should be ashamed of fighting for the inclusion of trillions of dollars in corporate bailout money while providing little more than “crumbs for our families.”
I love you AOC, but the Republicans will never have any shame until their party is destroyed.

7 Likes

That pic of Madame Speaker Pelosi looks pretty shameless, IMHO. If only we plebes had half as much class consciousness…

10 Likes

AOC knows Republicans have no shame. The shame lies there for sure, however, every Democratic and Independent member of Congress who votes yes on this corporate giveaway must share that shame.

A one time $1200 check is a insult to every American who knows $Billion checks will be going to corporations.

This type of thievery deserves corporal punishment.

11 Likes

Why does the Grim Reaper get a louder megaphone that those trying to keep this nation in once piece?

2 Likes

The corporate Democrats like Pelosi, are no better than the Republicans but once the Republican Party is destroyed just like the Whigs of the last century, they may realize that they are now the Democratic, dinosaurs and fear the Progressives like AOC.

7 Likes

I like singing Livin’ La Vida Loca. The answer lays within.

Note the cavalier way that they, after allowing AOC only one minute, and nobody yielding time to her, the fascists just pass over the issue, changing the subject, as if it were naught but the irrelevant rantings of a heretic. Poetic justice is seeking out a public who elects such scoundrels, and it’s a knockin’. Many probably suppose that whatever consequences we may face are already here, but they would be wrong. America hasn’t seen the tip of the iceberg yet. This so called pandemic is soon to be completely forgotten compared to the coming storm.

7 Likes

You know, yesterday I sat here and thought to myself… Am I the only one that can see what this is and the folly in it?

It’s like my local DEMS and I have been trying to educate them for a long time. You see most of them are very comfortable people. I could be wrong. However, I do do excessive progressive news research and study. I have a sieve for a brain so I try harder.

I keep waiting to hear from my local DEMS. I can hardly wait to see my next email invite from them in which they have chosen some crochet expert to be the speaker at our next meeting, that is if we have one.

2 Likes

The president and Wall Street are looking for some collateral damage to feed the economy, any takers out there?

1 Like

No sorry I didn’t?

I have to tell you…I have not had TV for about 25 years. I do watch DVDs. Oh…I could afford cable or satellite TV! I just choose not to. Back then it was a spur of the moment thing when they tried to cheat me on a cable bill. So I pulled the plug. This I have learned was a gift from the great creator. I then had to listen to the radio and I read…gasp! …BOOKS!

I have found out that I have not missed a thing. I may be a bit socially backward, however, if I keep my mouth shut and listen…I will learn what to do.

I like Tim Black. I am just afraid that he and I may have a heart attack at the same time getting so pissed off and yelling together. And right now the medics around here are busy doing other things. But for you Carl…I will go watch. May god have mercy on your soul for keeping me informed…or until Hughesnet pulls my plug.

2 Likes

I’m surprised Bernie didn’t try to attach some form of M4A to this bill.

1 Like

We can hope.

2 Likes

The real shame should be that supposedly progressive outlets like this are totally ignoring the former Biden staffer, Tara Reade, who has made a credible charge of sexual assault against creepy old Joe yesterday in two interviews, with Katie Halper and Krystal Ball. For those who have not heard, in 1993, 50 y/o senior Senator Biden, chair of the Judiciary Committee, and totally sober, finger-f#$%ed Ms. Reade up against the wall of a Senate office building when she was in her early 20’s. When she pulled away in revulsion he then attacked her verbally, telling her she was “nothing to me”. She has contemporary accounts of this from friends she confided in at the time. Of course the establishment is trying to dismiss her as a “Russian asset”. This should end the Biden Presidential campaign RIGHT NOW! Bernie Sanders needs to become the nominee NOW! Don’t let this drop, Trump certainly will not in the Fall, and he will put Ms. Reade in the audience of a debate in October the way he did the women who accused Bill Clinton of sexual misconduct in 2016.

8 Likes

Do we really have to burn all of the money to regain our sanity, and stamp out greed for a few brief moments? Then back to clubs and spears. Sadly we would have the same outcome as with cash.
Some people are willing to share for survival. Others must WIN something or they feel unfulfilled.

2 Likes

Here in Canada Justin Trudeau seems to be following the lead of Denmark to a degree. this latest measure entails the Government paying 75 percent of the wages for employees of small and medium sized businesses if they kept on the payroll. This in addition to other measures.

~https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-covid19-mar27-business-1.5512151

Here in BC the Government will pay up to 500 per month for rent for peoples qualifying and have put a freeze on all evictions and rent increases during the durations. The Governments are also pressuring banks to lower credit card rates and halting foreclosures on persons that can not make their mortgage payments.

We are only seeing the very tip of the iceberg here as to how this pandemic will affect the economies. There will likely be a lot more needed.

4 Likes

I still believe the DNC will replace Biden as their Candidate at the last moment.

6 Likes