Home | About | Donate

'There You Have It': McConnell Says He 'Misspoke' When He Promised No Tax Hike on Middle Class

'There You Have It': McConnell Says He 'Misspoke' When He Promised No Tax Hike on Middle Class

Jake Johnson, staff writer

A New York Times analysis published Friday found that millions of middle class families would see their taxes rise under GOP plan

Just kidding! We’re not really lowering taxes on anyone except our donors!

Right. “We’re giving Bill Gates a billion dollar tax reduction, so the average taxpayer in the above $100,000 tax bracket gets a $10,000 tax reduction. Just like we promised…”

It’s like the old joke. Four guys are sitting at the bar and they, on average, make about $20,000 a year. In walks Bill Gates and joins them, now, on average, they make $50,000,000 a year.

This how the use of “average” is used to lie about statistics. Statistics don’t lie – statisticians do! And, of course, politicians.

Hey, guess what.

A Republican lied.

In other news, a cat said ‘meow.’

Who knew turtles had forked tongues?

And what will be the GOP spin on this? As always, it will be the fault of the poor (they are lazy, welfare queens, don’t want to work, expect the government to provide for them which means they take your hard working middle class taxes so they can be idle, get something for nothing, etc.) and the white middle class will go with this.

There is also a provision in the House bill that will allow political speech by church’s and charities, destroying the separation between church and state, one of the founding principles of our democracy, our republic, our country…this is high crimes and misdemeanors…does this not make them enemies of the state, I think it does!

Trump was worth $3.1 billion at the end of last year, but ended up paying NO incomes taxes. His favorite scam was investing in offshore “shell companies.” Those are companies that don’t really do anything at all but offer American investors a place to put their money where there will be no US taxes on that money. This is so much of a new fad among the rich and uber rich that Forbes 500 has over 3 trillion dollars in offshore shell companies.

Its 2017 and we have come a long way from Lincoln’s government of the people, by the people and for the people. What we have now is a government of the rich, by the rich and for the rich. And hopefully along with these Republicans, they should perish.

Let’s see now - in just the last 24 hours we have the leader of the United States Senate telling us he “misspoke” - 100% of living Americans - perhaps even those who died in the last 24 hours, know that he actually meant to say, “OK, I lied”.
Then the Alabama Senator wannabe - Roy Moore (more lies) - lies about his sexual abuse of 14 and 16 year olds when he was a “grown” man of 32. And now tries to convince us that they should be “arrested”.

Let’s play a game - who is the next Republican to admit to “misspeaking” and sexual abuse of some sort. I be there’s plenty of both to go around. And 10s of millions of America citizens actually voted for these kinds of human beings, including the most lying and sexual abusive of all - our very own “President” - Mr. Trump.
When will we ever learn - when can you tell when a politician is lying - when their lips move - especially the Repubs in today’s world. Dems are not quite as bad, but definitely not innocent.

Just as a clarification, political speech by a church is not illegal, it just results (or should result) in a revocation of it’s tax-free status. Hence, it’s inclusion in the tax bill.

Misspoke: stating the opposite of what one knows is true; or, to speak while evading the truth; or act in an evasive way; or, to add a veneer of principle to an unprincipled act; or, to temporize while oppressing others.

From: The We Don’t Beat Around the Bush Political Dictionary

That tongue is forked all the way to his asshole. Hope he burns in the Hell he and his prick friends have created.

If McConnell were to be hit by a small aircraft, I wouldn’t be sad.

To fully comprehend the USA and its current political economy i would suggest this as a starting point:

McCONNELL never lies; he just misspeaks. This guy is so corrupt and crooked that when he dies they will have to screw him into the ground!

I say: 80% (of any tax breaks) to the 90% ((bottom 90% of income earners), not 80% to the 10%

It almost seems like they don’t want this dog of a bill to pass…

okay, busted, I was trying to gin-up the issue…I still stand on my principle(s) though

I’m waiting for Mr Ryan

“The plan also would allow organizations such as charities and churches to engage in political speech without risking their tax-exempt status, and it restored a tax break for adopting children that had been on the chopping block.”…

I agree Ditton. The destruction of the “wall of separation”, although they don’t say so, a very obvious priority for the Republicans because this is a major issue for a significant part of their base. That alone
will insure support for the House bill, irregardless of tax provisions.