Home | About | Donate

There's Something Different About These Iran Protests

There's Something Different About These Iran Protests

Trita Parsi

Four days into the protests, there are still more questions than answers.

I read of such things happening all around the globe. Read the report, change the names and reprint it. It is as the head of the U.N. stated in his statement. A red alert. The have’s and have nots are butting heads all around the globe. Inequality is our biggest threat, because of it we are unable to respond the global warming/climate change fast enough. Too small, Too many, Too fast.

…But if you want money for people with minds that hate,
All I can is brother you have to wait…

From the Beatles “Revolution”

Maybe there’s nothing different about the protests in Iran. Maybe we’ve seen this all before, most recently in Libya and Syria. Maybe the CIA is running its same old script.

In 2007, retired four-star General Wesley Clark was on Democracy Now and said that within 10 days of 9/11, he had been shown a memo featuring a plan to “take out seven countries in five years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off, Iran.”

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/us-empire-is-running-the-same-script-with-iran-that-it-ran-with-libya-syria-2bb37b5c5af

I was thinking the same thing, but in terms of Venezuela, Honduras, etc.

DIVIDE-&-CONQUER Western CIA, FBI, NSA, Mossad, Hasbara, alCIAda Finance-Media-Religion-Education-Military-Industrial-Legislative budgets for perceived enemy & friend destabilization are HUGE. Western Windsor, Rothschild & Vatican aristocrat ‘trillionaire’ ($ = # seconds in 32,000 years), with legions of billionaires & multi-millionaires oligarch control of the US-Federal-Reserve, Bank-of-England, World-Bank & IMF means they have unlimited capacity to print funds anonymously to hire manufacturer & mercenary-soldier-murderer for their depopulation & war agenda. Please let us not fall for these lies again after the many millions of deaths, which western US, Israel, Canada, NATO financing & bombs are responsible for in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Sudan, Guatemala, Venezuela, Ukraine, Myanmar etc https://sites.google.com/site/indigenecommunity/e-history/8-nuclear-war

All humanity must require to HEAR FROM BOTH-SIDES OF CONFLICTS in equal-time, recorded & published public dialogues, where the truth & deceipt of each side may be publicly examined. Before Muammar Gaddafi’s murder, he called for an African Union sponsored mediation to examine the now-known-as-false-claims, but instead we bombed, murdered & destabilized according to our Islamic destabilization plan for the purposes of one middle-eastern colonial-settler country artificially created in the last 100 years.

IGNORANT AGGRESSION BASED IN DELIBERATE MISINFORMATION. Whenever there’s conflict both at home & worldwide, we’ve two main choices to: 1) believe the finance-media-education-military-industrial-legislative-complex, demonize the other, armour ourselves against our perceived enemies, launch pre-emptive war & create hell, 2) engage the other in formal equal-time recorded & published dialogues. Mohandas Gandhi developed ‘Satyagraha’ (Hindi ‘truth-search’) based upon simultaneous inquiry with both parties in dispute or re-search asking “What are your best intentions & how can we help you fulfill these?”. Gandhi, “I can imagine a fully armed man to be at heart a coward. Possession of arms implies an element of fear, if not cowardice. But true non-violence is an impossibility without the possession of unadulterated fearlessness.” We need transparency in all levels of human interaction including military, government, education, business listening to both sides.
DIALECTIC RIGHTS We need to openly engage our own & other societies in dialectic solutions at home, school, media, business for all stakeholders. As Socrates proposed, dialectics (both-sided inquiry) should be the foundation of social & economic literacy. The west plays ‘Right-to-Protect’ game for 100s of colonial years keeping citizens in the dark staging many 100s of False Flag events, colonial invasions & genocide. NO-WAR until we hear Both-Sides present in Equal-Time, Recorded & Published Debate. Most issues & events in our colonially manipulated & consumptive world are not as they appear. https://sites.google.com/site/indigenecommunity/structure/both-sides-now-equal-time-recorded-dialogues

Good article. I hope the Iranian people someday cast off the ayetollah’s

This is nothing like Libya and Syria. Not surprised to see the contrarians giving the people of Iran no credit to think for themselves. Especially the women who suffer most under this theocracy.

So Common Dreams is now re-posting CNN essays now?

How’s CNN’s credibility regard Iraq, Syria, oh the “Russia collusion” claims?

Here’s a different take on the Iranian “protests”, noted it’s days old:

http://www.moonofalabama.org/2017/12/iran-early-us-support-for-rioters-hints-at-a-larger-plan.html#more

CD seems to be falling for at a minimum arranged protests on very real problems in Iran–well and the USA.

Well, not that Iran is perfect, but how about those protesters in Saudi Arabia, oh wait.

Focusing attention on this “protests”, as CNN (no that’s not a typo) is doing here is in aid of the extremist theocracy called Saudi Arabia.

And Saudi Arabia becomes a multi-party parliamentary democracy?

No one said Saudi Arabia was a democracy. If there were similar protests in Saudi Arabia you don’t think we would be supportive?

So you post from Moon of Alabama?

Yes, he’s better than CNN.

A lot.

I see you didn’t read the piece.

Right, but Iran has a real parliament, and women can vote.

No, of course the US would not support protests in Saudi Arabia, why preposterously imply the US would.

This Iran concern trolling by CNN and the likes of the AP and the NY Times is in aid of the theocracy, very corrupt one, in Saudi Arabia.

Such CNN essays are in aid of Saudi Arabia, which detests the far more liberal, and Shiite, Iran, and have little to do with various real grievances of people in Iran.

I wouldn’t know. I don’t watch t.v. or read their site. I don’t understand where you are coming from. Is it that you are saying they are fake news? That I would doubt very much but then again I wouldn’t know.

You forgot the NED (National Endowment for Democracy.

Thanks Tim,
Yes the misleadingly called National-Endowment-for-Democracy is an
organization of violent travesty. They are in deep ignorance about human
history, wherein Œdemocracy¹ (Greek Œpower-of-the-people¹) is founded in the
economic-democracy once found universally worldwide in the
Production-Society-Guilds & ~100 person Multihome-Dwelling-Complexes,
accounting for contributions upon the String-shells of the whole world. The
time-based String-shell integrated capital (voting), currency (spending),
social-security, mentored-apprentice-education, time-math-communication,
professional-costume & other equivalent values all into one integrated
accounting cycle.
https://sites.google.com/site/indigenecommunity/relational-economy/8-economi
c-democracy
A problem being that in Jewish & Christian circles (I come from a Jewish &
Christian family) & from what I encounter from friends among Muslims, the
settler-colonial wagons are circled & most are not reaching out to hear both
sides of issues. There is a chauvinistic tendency of perceived privilege to
rely upon institutional school, media, government & other Œmonologue¹
(one-sided) propaganda for information, which of course leads one further
into greater misinformation. This self-imposed-ignorance is self-justified
with a belief in falsely assumed superior evolution, technology & every
other lie. Regardless of my family roots, I am quite anti-Semitic
(Arab-Jew-Aramaic-Christian-&-Muslim), considering how these once 7000 years
ago refugees from Babylon-Mesopotamia, fled the disaster of their own making
& instead of integrating back into healthy Œindigneous¹ (Latin
Œself-generating¹) cultures, Semites violently imposed & continue to impose
their misunderstandings of nature upon the world. Semites feed-upon an
inherent insecurity for the biosphere scarcity which their systems produce &
the resulting fear to impose hierarchy & violence to become Œexogenous¹ (L
Œother-generated¹). Unfortunately invaded abused indigenous peoples tend to
become the shock-troops of ongoing destruction.
Douglas Jack

commondreams+d71aa4eb79316ee2d989f8a7cd618af7@discoursemail.com

Well it is very interesting that the US media says nothing about the protests in Saudi Arabia. From your comment I can’t tell if you are aware of them or not, sarcasm is hard to understand on-line. The fact is that not only are people protesting in Saudi Arabia but that the Saudi government has entirely destroyed one city over them. They shelled the city to the point where it looks like it could have been in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Libya or any other war torn nation. Yet somehow this doesn’t make the news??? Could you imagine the press if Russia were to completely destroy one of it’s own cities over protests? They would have it on the cover of every paper and the lead story of every channel for half a year. Yet we get crickets.