Home | About | Donate

Therese Patricia Okoumou: I Went As High As I Could

Therese Patricia Okoumou: I Went As High As I Could

Wearing a t-shirt that read "White Supremacy Is Terrorism," Therese Patricia Okoumou, the Congolese immigrant who heroically scaled Lady Liberty on July 4th, has been released from jail without bail. Composed and defiant, she quoted Michelle Obama before supporters: "'When they go low, we go high,' and I went as high as I could." The message of her protest, she said, was simple: "In a democracy, we do not put children in cages. Period."

As I look at it, she is much better aligned with the ideals of the USA than Trump. FIRE him and HIRE her!

great story- Therese Patricia Okoumou thanks so much for bringing your inspiring self to these shores, and for your teaching

T-Shirts are not present in my go about wardrobe but if some one prints on up with Therese Patricia Okoumou’s picture and the statement

“In a democracy, we do not put children in cages. Period.” I would want to wear it. What a brave woman to do this when the atmosphere for even naturalized citizens is dangerous ! She is an inspiration for all of us.

Demonstrating—once again—that he lacks the smallest particle of self-awareness, Twitler calls this brave woman a “clown.”

He’s been a public joke for 40 years and counting, with his pathetic craving for attention and his categorical refusal to admit error (see his public pronouncements regarding the original suspects in the Central Park Jogger case, for example). But his base loves his act, which says far more about them than it does about him.

You rise beautiful wild free LADY!

This Too is America, Thanks to People like Therese Patricia Okoumou.

This is a portrait of at least a very large part of his base:

Isn’t Northrup Grumman an enabler of violent white supremacy? This goon fits right in.

No this is not “America.” This is courageous resistance against crimes against humanity committed by the POTUS.

What? Courageous Resistance by Whom, by purple martians.

Just cause you hate America doesn’t mean we all have to.

This action, by an Intelligent Person, is what makes America Stand through all the bullshit of all the tunnel vision people, be they left, right, or center.

This is precisely why we need Immigrants, They get It, That’s why they are here, IN America.

These fellows don’t look like they’re a superior sort, certainly not supreme.

It’s truly strange how people in the U.S. turn positive human values and actions into “American” values and behaviors. I guess this kind of nationalism is typical to most totalitarian and “exceptional” nations.

"White Supremacy is Terrorism. " YES! And I 'm a white person who has been terrorized by those white people! I need that shirt! : )

What is even stranger is people who can’t see the values the US was founded upon because they can’t get beyond hatred

Immigrants are still coming here and their reasons are clear

Immigrants like the rest of us locals must fight for our freedoms even still

Yup. The U.S. military and the National Security State are making so much of the world unlivable by exercising the “American” values of capitalist imperial wars of occupation, mass murder, torture and environmental degradation that people must flee their homelands to survive somewhere, even the belly of the beast.

Doesn’t Work
Just as one cannot declare Capitalism as a failure by citing the wrongs of Predatory or Facist Captalism
One cannot declare America as a failure because of it’s uncontrollable excesses of war and empire
It is a case of Jekyl and Hyde the most common aspect of duality in practice
For every plus of course there is a minus

Communism, the Rights of the Workers uniting to empower themselves Collectively is truly a positive yet in practice the prime example is a Totalitarian Soviet Mafia

When a People collect together under the words Liberté, égalité, fraternité, we know this to be a Positive event in the Pre Napoleon truck of Humanity

Every Culture has its Tar Sand Equivalents and it First Nations it will run down in it Lust for Power and Wealth

This does not mean we should hate and claim them all lost of Honors and Worth

Instead we take that which is Best in our Society, Nurture it and give Birth to a Better Manifestation

America has sought to do that since inception

If we can Honor the words
Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free
Then we might just have a Chance

We need the Victims of World Tragedy
They Get It
They Make America Stronger Smarter and more Tolerant more Compassionate
Better

Here’s what “America” has been doing since it’s inception, no matter what it “sought to do”:

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/07/10/the-discovery-of-central-american-suffering/

These are not aberrations or abuses, but expressions of policy, practice and our “exceptional” norte americano culture.

Still not buying it.

One can choose to stay in the Complaint during their Life or

One Can Choose to Stand in the Possibility

The arguments speak for themselves.

These are not arguments. Not even cliches. Just empty phrases of disjointed words that can’t even fit on bumper stickers. FYI, I am not “selling” anything (other than stuff in a yard sale this weekend). I simply stay what I think based on facts that I’m able to collect and digest. You should maybe try Tums or something to help you with your fact digestion. Clearly facts, truths and historical realities seem to be a problem in whatever world it is that you inhabit.