Home | About | Donate

'These False Solutions Are a Joke': Trump's Pro-Coal Panel at COP24 Shut Down With Laughter by Climate Campaigners

'These False Solutions Are a Joke': Trump's Pro-Coal Panel at COP24 Shut Down With Laughter by Climate Campaigners

Jake Johnson, staff writer

U.S. President Donald Trump's representatives at the U.N. climate talks in Poland were openly laughed at on Monday.

1 Like

Protests in this country are pathetic and accomplish nothing. Even tho we have no Resistance group or Leader, plenty can be done to do what is necessary to get rid of the ones who are ‘in our way.”

1 Like

This is serious because promoting coal goes far beyond Trump’s crazy politicies. Over 1,000 coal-burning plants are under construction or have been planned, mostly in the East Asia. There seems little hope of reducing emissions as long as burning coal for energy continues at anywhere near the current rate.

1 Like

“Avert planet-wide devastation.” There has to be a non-violent war on what the greedy fossil fuel companies are doing to our home before it is too late.

5 Likes

Nothing I like more than to see the Trumpies and Trump himself derisively laughed at on the world stage. It’s significant that it doesn’t happen here. The US is a backwater outlier these days and the rest of the world is letting us know it.

3 Likes

I’m not sure their can be a non-violent war on fossil fuel interests. They’re currently conducting war all over the MidEast and sabre-rattling in what could be considered brinksmanship with Russia. How are average citizens supposed to get their point across? Peaceful protest clearly isn’t working…

1 Like

Yeah, that is a question that I have been pondering for a long time. Somebody smarter than me needs to come up with a good answer!

1 Like

Our so-called leaders are a joke – just not a funny one.

1 Like

It’s getting to be yellow vest time.

4 Likes

Never heard of a War that was non- violent. What are people so afraid of? We’re all gonna die in the end eventually. Why not go in Productive way?

1 Like

“Turn out the lights
The party’s over.
They say that all
Good things must end…”
Dandy Don Meredith wasn’t just singing that for Howard Cosell at the end of a football game. He may as well be singing for us and our future.
The party is over. We will not, I repeat, WILL NOT be lowering worldwide emissions anytime soon. Way too many emerging nations are relying on a foundation of fossil fuels to power their perceived future prosperity, so that any reduction in CO2 the first world can manage in the next 30 years will be offset by the extra being pumped out of the second world.
The irony is that the only thing that can save us from extinction is what would probably accelerate the downfall of humankind, and that is a complete worldwide economic collapse. The kind that would take us back to the Bronze Age. Think teenage caveman (a movie starring Robert Vaughn with a great twist at the end).
The simple facts are these. It’s too late. We are the problem. The only way to fix the problem and maybe, just maybe, save the earth, is for us to vanish.

1 Like

Breaking News:

The Trump Organization is opening a new business, "Frauds R Us.

1 Like

I actually already went online to find prices for yellow vests. They are surprisingly inexpensive!

3 Likes

So trump has finally been proven right on something, though belatedly: the rest of the world is (now) laughing at us. Way to go, trump! You’ve succeeded at making us a laughing stock of the rest of the planet. You must be so proud!

You make a salient, point my friend, but I think you have mistook non- violence for cowardice. I am not a pacifist, but it seems to me that we have no chance against the 1% and the fossil fuel industries that way and if we did I would be all for it!

Card-carrying clean, renewable energy supporter here but gotta say the video could have been more demonstrative and a bit less disingenuous had they/you/whoever seen fit to include some of the actual “pro-coal” presentation. I don’t doubt it might have been laughable but I’d have liked to seen some evidence. Showing only the aftermath without any lead-in just seemed lacking. From a single listening, I’d say the laughter did not seem very genuine, it was a planned response I take…oh well.

I saw another twitter video earlier today taken from the front row, and the speaker was saying something about innovative solutions and clean coal and the laughter erupted just as I was rolling my eyes, it was great! I can’t seem to find it now…

This is serious business. You do not treat insane people with insane ideas with laughter, although it is hilarious to refer to this type of energy as clean.

Aug 23, 2017 - “We’ve ended the war on beautiful, “clean coal.” Trump
LOL, LOL, LOL.