Home | About | Donate

They Build Walls, We Build Hope: Palestinians Mark Christmas With Marching Santas and Tree Of Resistance

They Build Walls, We Build Hope: Palestinians Mark Christmas With Marching Santas and Tree Of Resistance

As war hovers in the Middle East, see how both sides celebrate the season of peace and joy. The Israeli Ambassador trolls the White House with a defiant gift package of "war crimes trinkets," or items from illegal settlements, to rebuke the "fanatics and fools" of the BDS movement. In contrast, Palestinians march Santas through Bethlehem to declare it "the city of peace" - before getting teargassed - and erect an olive Tree of Resistance strung with weapons of oppression and resistance. “Even with the Israelis speaking a language of death," said the Bethlehem mayor, "we speak a language of life.”

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

It's horrifying that this city, a site where many aspects of spiritual enlightenment for the region had their roots, has become a center for so much evil.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Wasn't Christmas the time when King Herod, King of the Jews, instituted a pogrom against the first-born?

BDS should not be silenced. I am not a millennial but I support it. The millennials should elect a president involved in BDS. At the mall in my neighborhood, there are kiosks where products from the occupied territories are sold. The salespeople try to get me to buy their products. They're not worth buying because of where they come from and because they are so expensive.:rage:

The beautiful resistance! One of the many olive trees uprooted by Israel in their ethnic cleansing campaign being repurposed as a tree of resistance is powerful. Thank you, Abby, for bringing us news of the people of Bethlehem and Palestine generally, struggling under occupation.