Home | About | Donate

'They Fear Someone Will Go There and Tell the Truth,' Says Iran's Top Diplomat as Trump Bars Him From US

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/01/07/they-fear-someone-will-go-there-and-tell-truth-says-irans-top-diplomat-trump-bars

2 Likes

Weren’t all empires like this? Don’t like the rules or the laws? Simply change or ignore them.
It’s all coming together nicely now. Resource wars. Water shortages. Fires on (nearly) every continent. Rising seas. Enormous goddamn hurricanes. Refugees fleeing. This pile of tinder just needs a spark…

17 Likes

The “truth” can be told from any country.

7 Likes

What I worry about at this point is, when the truth is told now, will we recognize it?
I fear we may be through the looking glass now.

10 Likes

It’s a dilemma i agree.

3 Likes

If there is anything a conservative fears, it is the truth.

11 Likes

i wonder where all the magats are to whine about freeze peach now?

3 Likes

What is it going to take for the other members to pull the UN headquarters out of NY after this?? The rest of the world has no excuse not to do this unless they are happy to treat international diplomacy as a sham.

19 Likes

Yup It is the duty of the world to act now if they would like to maintain any semblance or credibility for the UN. Without the ability to hold members responsible for non-compliance it is a Complete Sham.

But I am afraid it is all the benjamins baby. No one wants to foot the bill.

7 Likes

Trump is one shit storm. Time, past time, to move the UN out of the USA. China? Russia? An African country perhaps? Latin America? Time also to rethink and give real teeth to the UN by making it a world governing body, by prohibiting all nations from having standing armies. Time to outlaw war itself.

13 Likes

I’ve always wondered why the UN headquarters is housed in the US. It is a big mistake and a huge bias that let’s the US put its thumb on the scale. Trump denying an Iranian diplomat entry to the US to go the UN is another example. The UN should be moved somewhere else where some semblance of neutrality exists.

7 Likes

Mr. Zarif is MORE American than I or Pompeo are.
Graduate from San Francisco and Denver.
Negotiated a darn good nuclear treaty with his fellow American, sec’y of state, John Kerry.

9 Likes

The destruction of the planet isn’t so much a case of human activity, as it is a case of human dishonesty.

3 Likes

For now, maybe another country can present Iran’s statement, on the behalf of Iran.
Of course, the trump administration would then bar that nation from entering the USA. But, by then, at least for just this once, the people of the world could get the necessary information that they need, to help them find their way.

Tulsi 2020
3 Likes

With modern translator technology, all the UN would need would be a convention hall somewhere in the world… Maybe It is time to have a yearly rotating venue.

5 Likes

Hello Jake Johnson and Everyone,
In case anyone has been living under a rock for the past four decades the US is a ROGUE NATION only listening to the US OVERLORDS RULING AND RUINING THE COUNTRY. LAWS WE DON’T NEED NOR LISTEN TO ANY LAWS. WE DO WHAT WE WANT. Sounds like an uncontrolled animal like a tiger, lion or elephant that will attack and kill at will! This will bring the country closer to its destruction each and every day now. It’s just a matter if when and not of if! Tick-tock, tick-tock!

4 Likes

Hello against_the_wind,
It may have the name UN but is has morphed into League of Nations 2.0. The end will be similar if not exactly the same! Time will be the determining factor in when it goes the way of the dodo!

2 Likes

Hello Giovanna-Lepore,
The southern half of the planet would be my choice. Specifically the continent of Australia. My second choice is Antarctica! Both fine choices. The lands of fire and ice! Nice tie in with George R. R. Martin. lol

Just saw guest commentator on MSNBC state that the Iraqi Prime Minister said that this general was getting messages from Saudi Arabia seeking de-escalation of tensions-----Is this the real reason the WAR LORDS in Washington needed to act--------TO STOP PEACE!

4 Likes

The UN is important and it is mankind’s responsibility is to see it survive.

3 Likes