Home | About | Donate

'They're Afraid': GOP Ripped for Enabling Trump as McConnell Blocks Resolution Condemning Assault on Peaceful Protesters

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/06/03/theyre-afraid-gop-ripped-enabling-trump-mcconnell-blocks-resolution-condemning

1 Like

That stately walk to someone else’s church will echo in history like a bookend to the infamous elevator descent to dictatorship. The elevator took His Pestilency into his campaign – that walk took him totally out of it, into battlespace:

Trump’s top military police state henchman now calls the U.S. “homeland” a “battlespace.” With approval from the terrible tangerine-tinted Twitter-tantruming tyrant himself, U.S. Defense Secretary Mark Esper said this to a new domestic riot-control “central command center” headed Joint Chiefs Chair Gen. Mark Milley, Esper and Attorney General William Barr (along with key state and local officials): “The sooner that you mass and dominate the battlespace the sooner this dissipates and we can get back to the right normal.”

Interesting phrase, “the right normal.” That’s where everyone stays home and lets the ruling class ru[i]n the nation and the world while white cops, prison guards and border patrol agents murder people of color with impunity.

“Total Domination”: Popular Rebellion in the Shadow of Trumpism-Fascism
by Paul Street
~https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/06/03/total-domination-popular-rebellion-in-the-shadow-of-trumpism-fascism/

12 Likes

The cleverbots in their offal office long ago took the worst of the Rothchild/banking trajectory and made it their own, clamped together with … hey, why are they so adamant about creating a nonexistent “antifascist” threat when it is so OBVIOUSLY agent provovcateurs of their own ilk?

The “public” the “citizenry” the “people” are not the media manipulated minority that the orange twit uses in his counter crass to the bought and sold Congress. Wakeie, wakeie

If you head in one direction, keep heading in that direction, then you soon arrive at the place to which you have been heading.

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

(quote from that guy who knew what was going on, named it knowing he would be sacrificed and how to get the message out before the knuckle draggers took him down. The latter thought they won. Thats why they’re known as knuckle draggers.

7 Likes

…and from that other guy, who knew the inside-view of a Birmingham jail):

“When you have seen vicious mobs lynch your mothers and fathers at will and drown your sisters and brothers at whim; when you have seen hate filled policemen curse, kick and even kill your black brothers and sisters… when you are forever fighting a degenerating sense of ‘nobodiness’ – then you will understand why we find it difficult to wait. There comes a time when the cup of endurance runs over, and men are no longer willing to be plunged into the abyss of despair.”

11 Likes

Good points all. Most people forget that they should listen carefully to what fascists say, as they rarely lie. Esper was telling us that he and his handlers fully intend to establish a proto-police state very soon.
The timing of this is very curious, but also very predictable. The day was coming very soon that the old white majority that has run America since it’s inception would be outnumbered by people of color. So here we are today, with a fascist in the White House, concentration camps on the borders, record unemployment, “liberal” cities being cordoned off, police given carte blanche, and a virus ravaging and further impoverishing our poorest and most vulnerable.
The foundational work to establish the police state is nearly complete.

11 Likes

Naaah – I’m sure that’s all just coincidental. You think it has something to do with white-supremacy?

2 Likes

I grow tired of hearing this bullshit about how republicans like McConnell are “frightened” of Trump. They aren’t frightened of him. They LOVE him. He has proven to be their best front man since Ronald Reagan. And like Ronald Reagan, Trump simply stands there turning the handle on the hurdy-gurdy, while the republican monkeys pick the rubes pockets.
Trump doesn’t frighten the republicans. He freed them.

23 Likes

Curious indeed. Markedly much sooner than how they’d planned it out (before George Floyd – say his name), with a much greater risk of immediate failure. The bear has been baited out of his cave.

4 Likes

What if “they”, which includes those who voted for him, are not afraid of Trump but cut from the same cloth? Might explain a few things about where we find ourselves.

6 Likes

I do love to put on my tinfoil hat and listen to the conspiracy theories of the day. Most are comically preposterous. Some are well thought out and somewhat feasible. With that said however, this year seems to be a perfect storm of events all leading to a crescendo of fascism. I know to the average observer all these things may seem impossible to connect and entirely too convoluted, making it seem entirely too “tinfoil-ly”.
But, it’s hard to tell the most paranoid people of American that they are wrong, as in the last fifty five years we have experienced the Kennedy assassination, the Gulf of Tonkin, Nixon conspiring with the VC in ‘68, Watergate, the Reagan campaign meetings with Iran in 1980, Iran-Contra, the phony invasion of Kuwait, the 2000 election in Florida, the 2004 election in Ohio (and I’m sure I missing a couple)
Anyway, I can’t really tell a conspiracy theorist that he or she is wrong in these dark days of 2020. Because nowadays, it seems the more outrageous the conspiracy theory, the more likely its true.

8 Likes

Thank goodness anti-fascists exist to counter the threat of fascism. May we prevail.

4 Likes

Well I was just kidding about “coincidental” (sorry, I’m allergic to winkies). At any rate, that whole “conspiracy theory” frame looks to me like a way of collecting unrelated historical and ahistorical events into a single brown paper sack – and I don’t quite understand why.

It’s a “conspiracy theory” that Goldman, Sachs has a board of directors, and it’s a “conspiracy theory” that ionospheric research is actually a way to broadcast mind-control beams (against which we are advised to don tinfoil hats). Why even play with such a meaningless term? Might as well argue about “God”.

1 Like

I love it when Democrats like Chuck Schumer pretend to be principled. Didn’t Mr. Schumer vote Yea on the 2020 National Defense Authorization Act, in effect “resisting” Mr. Trump by giving him more war-making money than he asked for as well as unprecedented surveillance powers? Or was that some other Democratic minority leader? Who is “enabling” Trump?

16 Likes

As if we didn’t know already what side the GOP is on in this battle. The country will not be safe as long as there is a single GOP member holding office anywhere in the country

1 Like

For anyone that has paid attention to history, both this country’s and the globe’s, this behavior by McConnell and the right and their sycophants is a force that has walked humanity back since time immemorial.

All these super educated and pampered f—s in Washington are well aware of what they are involved in and encouraging. A disgusting and pathetic display.

2 Likes

Dethroning Mitch “Dick Cheney” McConnell is just as important as tossing out Trump - but it won’t do enough good if a Democratic Party majority consists of all DP establishment types. That’s why electing Green/independent Lisa Savage to the Maine Senate seat now occupied by Republican Susan Collins is critical. Because Maine uses ranked choice voting, a third party candidate has a real chance of winning if progressives across the country support her campaign.

Anyone anywhere can send money and/or volunteer at Lisa’s website: ~www.LisaforMaine.org

For an excellent interview with Lisa Savage, see ~https://radiofreesunroot.com/2020/05/11/for-people-planet-peace-from-the-state-of-maine-feat-lisa-savage/

The interview lasts about 75 minutes, and streaming it used about 270MB of data. If you’re accustomed to Gibberish Joe’s incoherent babbling and Trump’s bellicose incomplete sentences, you may need a few minutes to adjust your mind to the interview: Lisa speaks in complete sentences, some of them are complex sentences, and she can hold a train of thought for at least several minutes.

A Green Senator in the DP Senate caucus would be a delightful tack on Schumer’s chair, especially in a closely divided Senate!

6 Likes

He frightens them not because they fear him, but because they fear they will lose their seats if he continues being a dickhead. If they were guaranteed not to lose, THEN your analysis would be correct. Other wise, why would “Little Marco”, “Ugly Wife’s Husband Ted” and all the other Republicans who’ve got their noses deep up trump’s ass be so subservient to this numbskull?

4 Likes

Saving the Supreme Court requires that progressives dethrone McConnell - electing Biden (yecch!) won’t be enough.

Here’s the scenario. Assume:

1. Biden is elected to the Presidency.
  2. McConnell remains Senate majority leader.
  3. Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg leaves the Court.

If Pres. Biden were to nominate a liberal or a centrist to the SCOTUS, McConnell would block the nomination. There’s no doubt about that for two reasons. First, McConnell did it shamelessly a few years ago with the Merrick Garland nomination. Second, the absence of Justice Ginsburg would give the conservatives a 5-3 majority on the SCOTUS instead of their current 5-4 majority. McConnell would certainly block a leftist nominee if a second vacancy should occur because he would then have a 5-2 conservative majority. (Biden would probably “compromise” a la Obama and nominate a right-winger, but that’s a different issue.)

Biden is no progressive, and a Senate controlled by DP establishment types will back whatever “centrist” that Biden might nominate. Steering the SCOTUS back to sanity requires that progressives put a progressive candidate in the Senate - yes, you guessed it, Lisa Savage in Maine!

Support and/or volunteer at Lisa’s website: ~www.LisaforMaine.org

Listen to her interview at the link in my previous post, #16.

Schumer called the Senate GOP’s enabling of Trump “appalling”

Oh, the hypocrisy. I’m sure Schumer wasn’t “appalled” when the Israeli’s were shooting Palestinian protesters not too long ago.

4 Likes

Powerfully centering wisdom. The beauty of prophetic truths - timeless, always applicable, become stronger each time they are applied.

2 Likes