Home | About | Donate

Think Medicine is Expensive Now? Public Health Groups Warn of TPP's Gifts to Big Pharma

Think Medicine is Expensive Now? Public Health Groups Warn of TPP's Gifts to Big Pharma

Lauren McCauley, staff writer

Doctors Without Borders and more than fifty other public health organizations sent a letter to Congress on Tuesday calling on lawmakers to reject the pending Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP), warning that it will "expand the monopoly power" of Big Pharma and dangerously limit access to affordable medicine for millions worldwide.

BOOM!! Well there goes another Doctors Without Borders hospital.

I hope now before the election we can get back to our central policy goal. How can American citizens help restore wealth building enterprise to the American economy. There is probably no greater barrier to achieving this than the past trade treaties and the much desired by the corporate faction bunker-busters of TTP and TIP. These 'treaty's' are poisonous to democracy and to the law itself. These pieces of legislation are the RAINMAKERS for our all to easily corrupted process and the ONLY way we have to insure our defense against them is Bernie Sanders. Hillary's ability to instantaneously 'evolve' on issues of enormous significance is too frail to hang the smallest hat on.

"Presidential candidates Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton, and Donald Trump have all expressed opposition to the deal."

I think we all know that Hillary doesn't really oppose TPP. She might say she does so that she doesn't stick out like a sore thumb,

In 1996, she said "I think everybody is in favor of free and fair trade.
I think NAFTA is proving its worth” and in 2004 said, “I think on
balance NAFTA has been good for New York and America.”

Hillary now claims to oppose NAFTA, just as she’s suddenly reversed position on the Trans-Pacific Partnership after promoting it
(“This TPP sets the gold standard in trade agreements to open free,
transparent, fair trade”) forty-five times around the world as Secretary
of State.

Unfortunately, we have little basis for believing her on TPP (the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, for one, doesn’t believe her), which is another disaster in the making. As Ian Fletcher writes, “She has, in fact, a long record of verbally criticizing free-trade agreements, but then supporting them when in office.”

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/2/22/1489185/-The-Definitive-Encyclopedic-Case-For-Why-Hillary-Clinton-is-the-Wrong-Choice