Home | About | Donate

Think Trump and Republicans Wouldn't Try to Cancel an Election? Look at What GOP in Georgia Just Pulled Off

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/05/19/think-trump-and-republicans-wouldnt-try-cancel-election-look-what-gop-georgia-just

3 Likes

Forget it, Julia, it’s Georgiatown.

Even black folks are kinda conservative down there.
Case in point, Stephanie Abrams.

I like Abrams. I wouldn’t vote for Abrams.

4 Likes

Since we can’t win fair and square, we’ll just cheat is the Repug theme these days. Since the beginning of this administration, truly Blatant Corruption is being tested and tried and, so far, pulled off without meaningful objection. Both parties. The nightmare gets deeper and darker by the day. And still, we sit, waiting and hoping for change that never happens. My country is a Pariah, yet we just ‘go along’. BAH!

9 Likes

Yep but let’s also acknowledge that removing the a candidate from the NY Primary is also RIGGING AN ELECTION

16 Likes

Welcome to the next big fascist regime.

3 Likes

From voter suppression to whole hog vote suppression

4 Likes

This type of illegal rigging of citizens’ right to vote in Georgia will be heard loud and clear in Hollywood and throughout the entertainment industry. The only reason the State has enjoyed a windfall of tax revenue in the last eight years is directly linked to film production. These draconian practices promoted by the Governor and supported by the highest court in the State will have resounding impact on Georgia’s future revenues if the State refuses to acknowledge its citizens right to vote. What century are you living in Mr. Kemp? This is not 1864. Heed the message. Shortsightedness will only reap long term impact and negative effects on the economy. Mark my words.

10 Likes

Hi SkepticTank:
Are there 2 Abrams in Georgia? I only knew of Stacey.

3 Likes

Persons as Kemp do not belong in the USA.

1 Like

“All and all, it was all just bricks in the wall.” People, just admit that the fascists have won then start planning according to Franz Fanon’s “by any means necessary.” Anyone who still thinks GOTV will save the day needs to quit taking the blue pill and switch to red. Send in the fat lady, stage reich.

6 Likes

What happens when the Kabuki theatre we call elections get canceled?

…crickets…

6 Likes

out of all the numerous low life rightwing nutjobs that run our country (sadly its true) this guy Kemp seems to be one of the worst dirty tricksters. Anyone from Georgia have any better info on this dueche? For those pushing Stacy Abrams as VP remember she lost to this P.O.S.

4 Likes

have not heard a word from any damn democrat raise her/his voice about this stolen election? ah silly me. they did the same thing in 2000!

2 Likes

there’s more to it however

Between the
eVoting machines
Media Blackouts
Complicit Media
caging,
Citizens United
Republican Judges rated “Not Qualified”
Lies,
hacking,
gerrymandering,
Interstate crosscheck*
Emerdata Limited (formerly Cambridge Analytica )
Voter Purges
Electoral College
And the “Democrat” Leadership incompetence, indifference, or inability to do anything about it SINCE 2000…, Caligula and Republicans in many States, steal elections

And … Most of THAT is still in place and operational

6 Likes

All the better reason for her to take the VP seat! Ha Kemp!

The US is the most violent nation on Earth.

Smellylections reach all the way to secret island bank accounts and spell austerity for normal people. Tell us something new.

6 Likes

People should appreciate the silver linings of all of these naked displays of raw, corrupt power. For those of us who have spent years trying to draw attention to the sheer rot that is America, the political class has done more the last 4 years to demonstrate the truth of that proposition than 40 years of activists screaming in the dark.

If it doesn’t wake people up to care, then so be it. But if there’s a chance the lumpenvolk can be roused out of marketing passivity, this is one of the better opportunities.

Let them keep digging their own graves.

5 Likes

The revolution will start in Georgia. Down with Republicans.

2 Likes

No other country would have them.

3 Likes

Welcome my son, welcome to the regime.
Where have you been? It’s alright we know where you’ve been.
You’ve been in the pipeline, filling in time,
provided with toys and Scouting for Boys.
You bought a guitar to punish your ma,
And you didn’t like school, and you know you’re nobody’s fool,
So welcome to the regime.
Welcome my son, welcome to the regime.
What did you dream? It’s alright we told you what to dream.
You dreamed of a big star, he played a mean guitar,
He always ate in the Steak Bar. He loved to drive in his Jaguar.
So welcome to the regime.
-Pink Floyd

2 Likes